Login

BrotherReed:
Man, I really need to see some good movies. I know they're out there but I keep watching tripe. Last night I saw [b]Everything Must Go[/b], featuring Sad Will Ferrell. Ferrell can do quirky-but-serious. His best movie in my opinion is still Stranger Than Fiction. The problem isn't Ferrell. It's that the material here is just no good. It's flat, one-note, drawn-out, and makes no intellectual sense. Nick has a ton of legal resources at his disposal. We're supposed to believe that because someone drove off in the company car that had his license in it (even though they told him he'd have it til the end of the month) that he can't do anything to get his own money or his own house back? The premise is so faulty it keeps reminding us at every turn how improbable the whole setup is. The movie feels longer than it is, and has no real resolution. Hate to say this but it's kind of a time-waster. [b]We Bought a Zoo[/b] fared somewhat better, mostly thanks to Matt Damon who, like Ferrell before him, is better than the movie he's in. Zoo is predictable and tame, suffering from an overload of cutesy-ness in the form of a little girl whose every word is completely uncharacteristic of a child her age but who continually drew laughs and awws from the audience. Thankfully it doesn't go overboard too much in trying to wring emotion out of you. Damon, again, is mostly responsible for this with his restraint. There are a couple of fun side characters and Scar Jo looks believably scrappy for someone who's so glamorous. It's not a bad movie. If you wanted a film the whole family could go to without having to worry about much about content, you could do much worse. However, it does feel like settling for something that maybe isn't really worth your time. 1. Drive - 8/10 2. The Adjustment Bureau - 8/10 3. Hanna - 7/10 4. Super 8 - 7/10 5. Martha Marcy May Marlene - 7/10 6. Horrible Bosses - 7/10 7. The Ward - 7/10 8. In Time - 7/10 9. Source Code - 7/10 10. Contagion - 7/10 11. The Lincoln Lawyer - 7/10 12. Limitless - 6.5/10 13. Insidious - 6/10 14. Midnight in Paris - 6/10 15. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 6/10 16. Unknown - 6/10 17. X-Men: First Class - 5/10 18. Thor - 5/10 19. Crazy, Stupid, Love - 5/10 [b]20. We Bought A Zoo - 5/10[/b] 21. Bridesmaids - 4/10 [b]22. Everything Must Go - 4/10[/b] 23. Conan O'Brien Can't Stop - 4/10 24. Just Go With It - 2/10

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)