Login

~Life Storm~

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Isn't it funny how we people are? How we run careless in the sun; Wanting play and good times, All is well when we're having fun. Nothing to hold us back, Nothing to keep us down; Not single tear do you see, Not even the slightest frown. Then when the skies start to darken, We hide and cry in pain; Fooling ourselves, I'll handle it alone, Just to get caught out in the rain. Waiting for our storm to pass, Blaming God because we've gotten wet, Instead of prayer for His guiding light, We just gripe, complain and fret. We shudder as the thunder rolls, We scatter when the lighting strikes; But continue on the same route, Not asking for God's light. Then as the sky gets dimmer and dimmer, We hunker down close to earth's sand; Until we are as low as could possibly be, That's when we look to take His hand. Little by little He calls us back, Some by darkness, others by storm; Whatever it takes He'll bring you home, Back to His arms, safe and warm. The storms, they can be painful, And cause many heartaches as it can; And the darkness holds many fears, All because we let go of God's hand. It's shameful of what it takes, For us to come running back; How much pain we cause ourselves, When it's just God in our life we lack. It's true that He will also lead us, To a mighty storm in hand; But wouldn't you rather be with Him, Than to be alone in a trouble land? The storms will keep coming, And only one thing is for us to decide; And I don't know about you, But I'll be hand in hand when the storms subside.~Emily

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Thank you :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)