Login

~Look To Me~

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

If you thought you could handle it alone, My guidance would you seek? Would your heart still look to Me, Or never to Me would you speak. I make it so on your knees you'll often come, But if need for Me wasn't there; Would you be praying at all? Your life with Me would you share? I do not put you in places for no reason, And often some are not My choice; You'd know the right places to go, If only you'd listen to My voice. Just as you would your child, Smack their hand for doing bad; I too have to get your attention, And more than often it makes Me sad. If I let you think you don't need Me, My child, you'd be let down; The world is so full of pain, Within it's lies you'd surely drown. I smack your hand and pull you back, Because I hold you so dear; Even though it hurts sometimes, Within My reach, you need to be near. I remind you with heavy tears, The world holds nothing that you seek; Only through Me can you find perfect love, Only to pray, your knees I make weak. When I see you slipping away, I send things crashing down; Just to hold you back, you see, I love you, and won't let you drown. Nobody can pluck you from My hands, Only you can go astray; So please My child just look to Me, And I'll show you the narrow way.~Emily

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Hey, Emily, thanks for sharing and welcome to MyPraize! :)

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Hello Nathan and thank you! :)

Bittersweet

13 year(s) ago

That is gorgeous. You've got quite the gift. Welcome to MP. I'm Kellie. :3

memnonkarana

13 year(s) ago

You have appeased me with your offering of poetry... Welcome to MyPraize!

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Thank y'all very much! :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)