Login

...male struggle on aisle 5....

BboyCon-Con

15 year(s) ago

So I came across some Christian peeps who claimed masturbating isn’t a sin…say what? How’s that Bible reading going? Anywho, not to shove it in your face and pass the judgmental hammer on anyone, this is an area where many males struggle/have struggled (even I), so its time to put the lid on the “is it wrong?” question to this …’event’… Starting with the one and only Bible, I’ll show some versus that will put this to rest and then some. So versus found thus far: Matthew 5:28 ESV But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Ephesians 5:3 ESV But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. Galatians 5:16 ESV But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 2 Timothy 2:22 ESV So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. …there are more but let me know if God's Word wasn’t clear enough and you need more versus… -[b]So why else is it wrong[/b]? It shows a lack of self control. As proverbs would have it: Like a city broken into and left without a wall, so is a person who lacks self-control. Your city is done if you continue to fall in this trap. Also, your heart will start to take in your thoughts and actions and before you know it, you start to desire to have sex (duh) and you are more liable to stumble in a close relationship. Why set yourself up for sinful acts/relationships in the future? [b]Crap-tacular excuses found on why masterbating is ‘okay’:[/b] “its okay sense you’re not actually having sex” (it’s okay to sell alcohol to kids-as long as I’m not drinking it.) “It is a stress reducer and it relaxes the body” (so do drugs…) “It’s human nature…” (isn’t that pretty much the reason Jesus died on the cross? Way to go…) As you can see, none of the above reasons are good reasons. At all. So I’m pretty much tired of typing so I’ll give two really helpful tips to help overcome this. And here they are: 1.) read a prayer book before going to sleep-it will shift your mind set to God and when you read verses from the Bible (which most prayer books include) it repels satan. (the Bible, God’s official OFF! Repellent For satan.) 2.) God will save you from temptation-the hard part is wanting Him to save you from it. It feels good but God will answer your cry out to Him and you will feel 10X not only better, but closer to Him. So pray that He will clear your mind of any bad thoughts while/before and after you sleep. So God bless and hopefully this helps. If you feel convicted that wasn’t my goal (but somehow not a bad thing either…suck it up.) Just whatever you do-stay clear of finding excuses for what you do-and find Godly reasons for what you do. Cause trust me, If you can’t find any Godly reasons for doing some of the things you do…something’s not right…. Just ask if you want and I’ll pray for ya.

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

Here we go again.... No, it is not mentioned in scripture.... No, God did not specifically mention it a sin... Addiction, however is a sin.... if you are addicted, then you are sinning... If it is hindering your relationship with God, then you are sinning.... If you are causing bodily harm to yourself... you are sinning... If you are lusting, then you are sining.... Now if you can do it without doing any of these things, then you are good. Now question, How do you know if you are addicted?

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

You guys are all making great points, but let me put it this way, if you would rather eat then be with God, then you are sinning. If you value anything more than God, then that is when things turn into bad addictions... Ex. SOmeone tells you either you starve to death or you renounce God... you choose to renounce God then sinning... Or in Brandon's case, either you renounce God or we take away other human presences... you choose human presences then that is sin...

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

I never said they did and I didn't say you were sinning either... I was just saying IF but Alpha, by being with God I meant being on God's side and living for him, etc. etc. And Brandon I was just saying that if one is putting masturbation, or anything else, before God, or one is willing to, then one is sinning...

Swinny89

15 year(s) ago

[b]mantor48 wrote:[/b] [quote]I never said they did and I didn't say you were sinning either... I was just saying IF but Alpha, by being with God I meant being on God's side and living for him, etc. etc. And Brandon I was just saying that if one is putting masturbation, or anything else, before God, or one is willing to, then one is sinning...[/quote] Well said Alex. I agree with this point completely.

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

I think stopping is something that is different for each person. Some things work for some people and don't for others... Now I am pretty sure this part is universal. You have to WANT to stop. If you are only half commited, then you are bound to fail. AND you have to put it in God's hands to help you out. And thanks Josh :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)