Login

~Merrygold~

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

In memory of my dog and best friend. Sunrise was our special time, You'd lay there smiling in my lap; I'd run my fingers through your hair, As you'd close your eyes and nap. Our walks were always fun, It's something I looked forward to; To go exploring in the creek, Catching crawfish all day with you. You never had to do a thing, But look at me and grin; Those brown eyes held so much love, So much truth shown within. You were always there for me, In both the good and bad; To make a good day even better, Or comfort me when I was sad. But thats not true anymore, Now left with a sense of loss; I didnt realize our love wouldn't last, And that every love has her true cost. I used to cry on your shoulder, Now the tears fall upon the floor; Every one of them, for you, Wishing you were here like before. I searched and searched for you, Loudly calling out your name; A time I really needed you, The one time you never came. I can still smell your hair, And feel your face against mine; To only be able to hug you, And kiss your nose just one more time. I still endlessly look for you, I miss the love of my dear friend; I don't want to be alone, Its hard to face our friendship's end. But I do understand you had to leave, That God has plans too; He must have needed a good angel, And only you would do. I'll never forget what God taught me, Through her friendship how well He told; What true love is really like, From a little dog named Merrygold.~Emily

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)