Login

~Together Again~

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

She cried "Don't leave me," Begged him "Please don't go;" He hugged her tight and kissed her cheek, Said he was sorry and he loved her so. She saw a tear roll down his face, As he drove bravely away; Remembering his words to her, Promising he'd be back one day. The constant letters keep her going, Through the months that feel like years; So worn from reading over and over, The words, starting to disappear. Her picture he keeps close, In his pocket everyday; Fighting a world full of hate, Watching soldiers be blown away. Her letters give him hope, A way to escape his fears; Closing his eyes he's home again, So clear her voice he hears. He was fighting for this country, We all seem to love so dear; A soldier lays dead, a bullet in his heart, His face traced with blood and tears. In his pocket there was a letter, Battered and stained from his cries; A drunk driver had taken her life, Dated a week ago the girl died. They found her picture in his hand, And they all swear to this day; There was two in that photo they saw, Holding hands and walking away.~Emily

Freakyone

13 year(s) ago

Hi Emily! that is really pretty, good job. I'm Christine nice to meet you

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Hello and thank you :) Nice to meet you too :)

memnonkarana

13 year(s) ago

Beautiful poem... :) I don't think I introduced myself... I'm Cody...

Southern-Charm

13 year(s) ago

Thank you :) Nice to meet you Cody :)

memnonkarana

13 year(s) ago

Nice to meet you too, Emily!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)