Login

An interesting proposal

thesammich13

13 year(s) ago

So that guy I've been talking about, the one I dated before Cody, has been talking to me a lot lately. He was pretty suicidal yesterday, and was apparently about to hang himself then when he thought about how much he didn't want to hurt me, and he called a suicide hotline. So of course they talked him down, and he's not going to hurt himself, though he's still experiencing what he calls "anguish." I've experienced it before so I understand, kind of. It's not a pleasant feeling and it makes you want to rip out your insides... :( He says the reason why he's so broken up over me is because I'm not just a girl to him. He says that if I were anyone else, he wouldn't mind so much and would be over it sooner. But because it's me, and he loves me, he's crushed. That's fine and all, I guess, sort of normal. Except now there's this interesting development. This guy says that he was going to propose to me. Now, that's a lot to think about. We had been planning to meet when I'm in college, because it's easier for me. He lives in England though, so it's super hard for him and very expensive. But he said it was no trouble, and was really excited about making the trip. Then after a while our relationship crumbled, and of course that was out of the question. We would have been together there for a week or two, to hang out and go on dates and whatnot. But he says that he was planning on proposing to me right there, after he'd figured out if I was still the one. And he was even looking for a ring and everything. He wanted to do a romantic surprise proposal. This is pretty heavy stuff. So it's pretty awkward now. I mean, I'm not going to jump back to him and marry him or anything. That would be stupid, and I have someone I'm with already so...yeah. It's just a lot to think about. I dunno if I'd have said yes though, because we fought a lot and I wasn't too happy and I wouldn't have wanted to get married to that feeling. I'm just stunned. Especially since I'm not the kind of person people dream of marrying or anything. I don't even think I deserve that kind of happiness. This is just...I'm so shocked.

THeMadHatter

13 year(s) ago

No. His problem, he needs to deal with it. He's not healthy right now, obviously, so it would probably be best for his health and for yours if you didn't contact him as much for a while. I'm not saying never talk to him again, but it may be best to cut it down to maybe just one or two updates a month, especially considering that he claims YOU were his stress factor. He's blaming you-- again-- for something in his life. He needs to get himself in a place where HE is in control of his life, not every one else on this planet. Also, think about this chica- Why is he suddenly telling you all this? Why is he suddenly the sensitive type? Why has he stopped being a butt about things, and suddenly turned to a sentimental man? I smell manipulation.

thesammich13

13 year(s) ago

Brandon says he's desperate, and that he probably doesn't even mean it. That kinda bums me out a little.

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

I agree with Brandon. He might have actually been planning to propose to you, but from the emotional manipulation that he's already tried to pull, I think that he's just saying that to try to convince you to come back to him. (Btw, of course you deserve that kind of happiness :) )

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

[b]thesammich13 wrote:[/b] [quote]Brandon says he's desperate, and that he probably doesn't even mean it. That kinda bums me out a little.[/quote] Does it matter overly since you're with Cody now?

thesammich13

13 year(s) ago

[b]keyseya wrote:[/b] [quote][b]thesammich13 wrote:[/b] [quote]Brandon says he's desperate, and that he probably doesn't even mean it. That kinda bums me out a little.[/quote] Does it matter overly since you're with Cody now?[/quote] No, of course not. Just kinda makes me feel manipulated and stuff. It's not a good feeling. I'm happy with Cody though lol.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)