Login

Anyone know how to use a video camera?

KattyKit

15 year(s) ago

I can't get it to where I can edit the stuff in Windows Movie Maker. And that sucks because this rocks. I can't even get it off the camera and saved to the computer!!!!! Help? I'm using a JVC Hard Disk Camcorder Hybrid Everio.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

i suck with technology. sorry:( im better with mechanics

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

JVC is kinda weird because they require their own software/drivers to get files onto your computer, because they use their own video format. If you go to the JVC website (probably JVC.com, but try Googling it just in case), and find your video camera on it, you can hit either Support, Downloads, or Drivers (different websites put the software/driver downloads on different pages), then download the Required and/or Recommended Software (or Drivers), you should be good to go. You will have to hook the video camera up to your computer via either Firewire or USB. The cable probably came with the camera. Let me know if you need any more help.

KattyKit

15 year(s) ago

Own software?????? Well crap. I'll have to do it with my dad. Thanks Nate! I'll try it!

MattBob-SquarePants

15 year(s) ago

Note to self- don't buy a JVC camcorder. Man, it bugs me when they use proprietary software and file formats.

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]Note to self- don't buy a JVC camcorder. Man, it bugs me when they use proprietary software and file formats.[/quote] Yup yup. 'Cause then it takes even longer to put it on your computer. You have to transfer the data from your cameras HDD to your computer's, then you have to convert it from their format to .mpg or .avi or whatever. Then you get to edit it and convert the project file to a video file all over again. So, by the end of it all, you've lost a bit of quality you just can't get back.

KattyKit

15 year(s) ago

face/palm But, it's what I've got.... besides my digital camera, which doesn't do vids well. Rrrrrrrr

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

[b]KattyKit wrote:[/b] [quote]face/palm But, it's what I've got.... besides my digital camera, which doesn't do vids well. Rrrrrrrr[/quote] Don't feel bad, I've had to make some videos for a church project using my pastor's JVC Handycam. It ended up being pretty decent quality...but it's still a handycam. :)

tinkgurl77

15 year(s) ago

turn it on and press record

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

I didn't think about mentioning this before, because I just assume people know, but here's some additional required instructions: 1. Plug your camera into your computer via USB/Firewire. 2. Turn your camera on. 3. Put your camera into Play mode (or Computer mode if it has it). Those three steps will be needed before your computer will even recognize the device.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)