Login

bands=no songs

commandman24

17 year(s) ago

I get really tired of lookin at the bands..to find that barely 1/2 of the "bands" on mypraize have songs... is it possible to give them so much time (say 2 weeks) after joining mypraize to put atleast one song on their page before changing them to a user? sincerily(even though i didnt spell that right), commandman

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[b]commandman24 wrote:[/b] [quote]sincerily(even though i didnt spell that right), commandman[/quote] Go to www.mozilla.com and download Firefox 2.0. It is a faster, safer, and easier way of browsing than Internet Explorer (6 or 7). The best part, however, is that it has an automatic spell check (it underlines words in red as soon as you type them if they are misspelled, much like Microsoft Word) ;) .

Post edited by: MisterNathan, at: 2006/11/21 11:38

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]commandman24 wrote:[/b] [quote]I get really tired of lookin at the bands..to find that barely 1/2 of the "bands" on mypraize have songs... is it possible to give them so much time (say 2 weeks) after joining mypraize to put atleast one song on their page before changing them to a user? sincerily(even though i didnt spell that right), commandman[/quote] I think it's annoying that half the bands don't have music on their profiles. I agree with your suggestions too!

Joshua

17 year(s) ago

I find it annoying as well... We have had talks over and over again and we would like to do something like that, however some bands simply DON'T have records made, their garage bands with no recordings... it's not right to say "you can't be a band on MyPraize" just because they can't afford a recording studio, their fans can still sign up and check out where their going to be and be friends with then even if they can't listen to their music

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

[b]Joshua wrote:[/b] [quote]I find it annoying as well... We have had talks over and over again and we would like to do something like that, however some bands simply DON'T have records made, their garage bands with no recordings... it's not right to say "you can't be a band on MyPraize" just because they can't afford a recording studio, their fans can still sign up and check out where their going to be and be friends with then even if they can't listen to their music[/quote] Makes sense, but it doesn't work for those of us who have never heard of the band/singer before! How are we supposed to know we like them if we can't listen to their music? I'm not gonna go after a band to see them live if I don't even know what they sound like first! I am not making people feel bad for not having money to record or anything, I am just wishing they could put their music on here....

brengleboys-buddy

17 year(s) ago

I think it would at least be good to be able to sort by number of songs posted, so those that have none would go to the bottom.

anewcreation-buddy

17 year(s) ago

A New Creation joined back in Nov. or Dec.?? I can't remember off of the top of my head, but the main reason why I joined is so that I could network with other independent christian bands. I was excited by how many bands were from our surrounding state(s), and completely bummed that very few took themselves seriously enough to post anything. I'm sorry that I cannot offer any suggestions as to how to remedy this, but thought that I would be completely honest as the very purpose of why I joined, and what I have seen since I've joined. Best of luck with any decisions to be made. And I think opening up comments such as these on the forums is definitly a step in the right direction.

Post edited by: anewcreation, at: 2007/02/06 14:03

Crazy4Christ92

17 year(s) ago

[i]Well I have to disagree about the bands without music on their page or they will become a user because being in a band, Crosstime, I will tell you that recording is not cheap. I loooked into recording some music with my band but it cost over $7,000 and even if we put all of our money together we still wouldn't have enough. You might find it annoying that over half of the bands don't have music but instead of complaining about it, lift them up will good comments and helpful tips. God Bless.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)