Login

Blogging Software

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

I'm posting in Open Source because I'm assuming the answer is some open source software. I'm trying to find some blogging software/plugin that I can slap right into an existing site with as little pain as possible. Basically, something like Wordpress or Moveable Type but I'd rather not have to go through and alter the template to match my own. I'd like it to integrate similar to how these forums are integrated into MyPraize, but not quite as tacky (or not so obvious that I just patched something in, I guess would be more specific). Any suggestions?

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

I did a similar search last spring and, looking at my website backup, I went with Simple PHP Blog. Demo here: http://bjallison.com/journal/ As I recall it took me awhile to figure out how to modify it to match my layout...think I had to copy the default layout file and modify the css PHP file manually. From there I believe I cleared out the default data and loaded my layout stylesheet via PHP. May or may not be too much work. I prefer a simple ACP [esp. compared to Wordpress] so it was worth the effort for me. http://sourceforge.net/projects/sphpblog/ *note to self...update bio. I'm not at USAFA lol*

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Yeah, that sounds like the same amount of work that would be required for a Wordpress integration, and I actually don't mind their ACP lol. On an unrelated note, I like the website (I'd say pretty clean improvement over the old one), and I was touched to see my MyPraize graphic on your homepage. :P

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Haha...yeah, I guess that's not what you're looking for then. I wanted a really simple blog script and wordpress seemed to powerful for what I needed. So...yeah. As it turns out I never ended up keeping a journal on there anyway. My journal is best kept in a real life paper journal, not on the internet. And thanks! yeah, one time I looked at my old site and decided it looked completely unprofessional and needed a total makeover. couple months later, and voila! I think the graphic adds a special touch. Compliments the read in the banner quite nicely. ;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)