Login

Confession time...

thesammich13

12 year(s) ago

...the other day was the first time I'd picked up a bible in years. It sounds shocking, I know. Especially since I came back here like a month ago looking for a place I could sort out my beliefs and renew my faith and all. It was just hard, taking the first steps to begin studying religion and stuff. It seemed like a massive obstacle, my lack of understanding of the Bible. I had no clue where to start, or what a lot of it meant, or what I should be getting out of it. So I sort of put it off until recently. But then Cody and I got to talking about it, and he encouraged me to start somewhere in the middle, with something I could probably relate to since I like to write poetry and write romantic stories. He told me to read Song of Solomon, and so I did, and it was beautiful. I was amazed. And it inspired me to start working on the beginnings of a novel. He also explained some of the more controversial bits to me, like Leviticus. I'd always sort of assumed it was something to be ignored since I didn't agree with what it said when I first looked at it, and it seemed a bit archaic. But he explained it all to me and so now I'm approaching it with more understanding and an open mind. It's like, things were different then, so a lot of things were put in place for peoples' safety and well-being. He's really helping me study the Bible...and I probably would have just given up on it if I were doing it alone, because it's hard to grasp. But he's making sure I actually do what I set out to do in the first place, and encouraging me to keep reading. I think being with Cody is probably really good for me. I mean, he's helping me study the Bible, he's explaining things to me, he's helping me so I can draw my own conclusions and figure out what I believe...and he loves me...he's helping boost my self-esteem and self-confidence, and he tells me every day how beautiful he thinks I am. I mean, I don't quite believe it, but I appreciate the compliments, and it makes me feel good about myself anyway. I dunno...I just think it's meant to be for some reason. We're really happy, despite my ex creeping back into the picture, trying to get me back again. Cody is just the sweetest guy ever. :3 And I think I'll try to at least read a few verses a week, since it can be overwhelming trying to read it all at once...

larry229

12 year(s) ago

This message made me go like this -> :)

thesammich13

12 year(s) ago

:3 He makes me smile all the time~

Cowgurl4JC

12 year(s) ago

[b]larry229 wrote:[/b] [quote]This message made me go like this -> :)[/quote] Me too. ^_^

thesammich13

12 year(s) ago

HEY GUYS. Cody's officially ancient...time for birthday pranks and punches! :laugh:

Cowgurl4JC

12 year(s) ago

Yeah I just texted him a birthday punch. LOL

thesammich13

12 year(s) ago

I forced Brandon to punch Cody in the arm thirty times, pinch him, and make a male parts joke. You know, about the whole "pinch to grow an inch" thing. :laugh: A bit dirty, sorry. But Brandon was scared and didn't do it hard enough, and even let Cody punch him back harder. Lame.

Cowgurl4JC

12 year(s) ago

*facepalm* Oh that kid...nah, it most likely shoulda been one of us to punch Cody. Cause you know he wouldn't hit either of us back. ^_^So I think that's where the plan was faulty.

thesammich13

12 year(s) ago

Yeah but...you have to do it in real life or it doesn't count...

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)