Login

England riots

memnonkarana

12 year(s) ago

I just heard about this today... Does anyone else know what's going on? Have any thoughts on the matter?

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

Somebody attacked a cop, the cop defended himself and shot the assailant. Said assailant died. Riots ensue. My thoughts are: good thing they ban guns, otherwise people might get hurt. ;)

memnonkarana

12 year(s) ago

Actually, it may be 4-6 months before we find out if he attacked the police... We do know that he had a loaded gun, but did not fire a shot... Whether the gun was in a sock or not is still unclear... It started out as a peaceful protest for answers, then, as none came, it grew more and more violent... (everything I said there comes from The Guardian, btw) I will easily agree that it is very good for England that guns are banned...

larry229

12 year(s) ago

Indeed. This is pretty much exactly why foreigners look at American attitudes toward guns with a mixture of horror, terror, and amusement :P I hear English sales of baseball bats have taken off though :/

memnonkarana

12 year(s) ago

Well, yeah... During riots, sales of anything that can be used as a weapon will take off... That's a law of human nature...

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

There was a bullet lodged in the police radio.

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

[b]larry229 wrote:[/b] [quote]Indeed. This is pretty much exactly why foreigners look at American attitudes toward guns with a mixture of horror, terror, and amusement :P[/quote] I don't understand this statement. In related news, my cousin is actually in jail right now for saving a victim of the riot's life.

MisterNathan

12 year(s) ago

[b]memnonkarana wrote:[/b] [quote]I will easily agree that it is very good for England that guns are banned...[/quote] That was sarcasm. People aren't allowed to defend themselves or their property from riots. My point was that England is clearly demonstrating right now that guns don't kill people, people kill people.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)