Login

He\'s With Me

Southern-Charm

12 year(s) ago

no day has ever felt so long sitting in the hall windowsill don't think I've ever cried so hard never thought sadness felt this still I used walk this hall with you coming in sick and leaving well hearing doors open I raise my eyes that box rolled by, harder tears quickly fell I hate that box and how it sounds and how I so hate this day it feels so lonely missing you i'm not believing you'd leave me this way people walked by and offered a pat some stopped and talked a spell but one lady i'll never forget gave a little heaven to my living hell she walked up and grabbed a hug stood and talked so kind told me of her granddad's love and of the day he left her side she said "I miss him all the time crying helps and to grieve is alright but always remember the happy times how close a bond you had, God will make it right it's hard some days though I still want to call him up, child I'll never like him being gone but I'll always remember his smile. so smile girl, you'll make it through and think, would he want you this way? keep him close in your heart and he'll be with you everyday." She waved bye and said it'll be alright as she left, out came therapy dog the same one granddad loved I started to smile as off he jogged I knew I could always remember and I knew I'd still feel sad but something about that nurse that day helped the tears not feel so bad I was able to put on a teary smile and with family I left the hall still saddened he wasn't there but thanking God he's still with us all.~Emily this took place within an hour after he'd gone..kinda funny how God uses people..don't know the nurse's name..but her kindness I won't forget. I know granddad would have liked her.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)