Login

I NEED HELP WITH MATH!

2-good-2-B-tru

15 year(s) ago

I'm having trouble with dividing and multiplying negative numbers. Is there anyone out there that know about that?

cookiedough28

15 year(s) ago

Ok, the basic rule is: If the signs are the same, the answer is positive; if the signs are different, the answer is negative. So, a positive number times a positive number is a positive number. A negative number times a negative number is a positive number. However, a positive number times a negative number is a negative number. Or: (* means multiply) + * + = + - * - = + + * - = - - * + = - + / + = + - / - = + + / - = - - / + = - Some examples: 3 * 3 = 9 -3 * -3 = 9 -3 * 3 = -9 3 * -3 = -9 9 / 3 = 3 -9 / -3 = 3 -9 / 3 = -3 9 / -3 = -3 5 * 4 = 20 -5 * -4 = 20 -5 * 4 = -20 5 * -4 = -20 20 / 5 = 4 -20 / -5 = 4 -20 / 5 = -4 20 / -5 = -4 Get it? Basically, when you're multiplying or dividing, just multiply and divide the numbers like usual. For example. if you have 20 / -5 then just do 20 / 5 which is 4. Then look at the problem again. If the two signs are the same, then the answer is positive. However, if the signs are different (as is the case in this example), then the answer is negative. Therefore, since we know that the answer is either +4 or -4 and we know that the answer is negative, then we know that the answer is -4. If you need any more help, you can pm me.

meownip

15 year(s) ago

ditto

97gbrock

15 year(s) ago

I'm working on that now. what cookiedough28 said is true

rami009

15 year(s) ago

im advanced in math. ask me

soccerbabe1925

15 year(s) ago

[b]2_good_2_B_tru wrote:[/b] [quote]I'm having trouble with dividing and multiplying negative numbers. Is there anyone out there that know about that?[/quote] Math is easy ask your teachers to help and yo uwill get it one day you have to practice and take time to learn it youll get it one day:)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)