Login

My best friend...

Illusenfan-5000

15 year(s) ago

My best friend has a crush on a boy that she barely knows. She does this all the time. She's so desperate for a boyfriend that she just picks random guys at school and "crushes" on them. Sometimes it gets to the point where it's unnescessary! A few weeks ago, she dumped her boyfriend just so she could ask out another guy just because she can! So now, she still hasn't asked him out. She keeps telling me that she's going to talk to him, and she doesn't. One day, I got angry and told her that I didn't wanna hear her whining anymore. We aren't fighting or anything, but I wish she wouldn't be so...unrealistic. She thinks that everything is Fairytales and Romance! I'm not kidding you! Oh! and this boy that she has a crush on: Let me tell you a few things about him: 1.He's probably only said two words (if that many) to my friend. 2.I'm beginning to get the thought that he's trying to avoid her. The other day after lunch, my friend and I went over to sit by him, and right before he sat down, he moved away. I could tell he didn't want her there because he had nudged his friends. 3. I don't see why she's attracted to him. My friend is kind of preppy (she won't admit it), and he's a skater boy. Plus, his personality is just about as good as a box of tissue's! I don't want her to get hurt, and she just won't get it! Everytime I tell her just to drop it (in several situations), I'm usually right. There's maybe been once or twice that I wasn't. All I'm saying is, THIS IS GETTING SO RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!:angry: Edit: Yesterday, the boy told my friend direcly that he doesn't like her. She is still going after him, but she's stalking him now. I'm serious! I just wish that she would let it go!

awaitingthestorm

15 year(s) ago

I have a friend who is just like that. Talk to her about it, and make it clear that you love her and you only want the best of her, but she needs to settle down and be realistic. She won't find the guy of her dreams if she keeps falling for anyone that passes by. Other than talking to her, I'm afraid you can't do much. If she doesn't wanna change, it's her bad. Pray for her, that God might open her mind so that she would focus on more important things. Like seeking Him.

Illusenfan-5000

15 year(s) ago

[b]awaitingthestorm wrote:[/b] [quote]I have a friend who is just like that. Talk to her about it, and make it clear that you love her and you only want the best of her, but she needs to settle down and be realistic. She won't find the guy of her dreams if she keeps falling for anyone that passes by. Other than talking to her, I'm afraid you can't do much. If she doesn't wanna change, it's her bad. Pray for her, that God might open her mind so that she would focus on more important things. Like seeking Him.[/quote] She doesn't understand. I've told her that several times, but she doesn't listen.

Jesi

15 year(s) ago

i was kinda like that when i was younger. i was SO desperate to get a bf (cuz all my friends seemed to have one) that i would "crush" on a bunch of my guy friends. i stopped doing this when i was about 15 and pretty much gave up on guys in general. but in the last year God blessed me with the guy of my dreams. but this was only after i "gave up the chase" i didn't want to pass up "the one" but i didn't want to chase after him. if she continues chasing after every boy that breathes, she could miss a huge opportunity that God has for her.

Illusenfan-5000

15 year(s) ago

I know, but she won't listen. The boy is about to file a restraining order against her, I swear. I told her that she can't be ten years old forever. (That's how all the girls acted in 4th grade)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)