Login

Stupid thing to say?

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

While President Obama is trying to pass a government run health care plan, he says... [i]"If you think about it, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems."[/i] Wait, what? Isn't the Post Office run by the government? Why would he say that if he trying to pass a government health care plan? I agreed with Rush Limbaugh's explanation, which was that he was trying to get the point across that the private insurance companies will do fine against a government plan, because FedEx and UPS do fine against a government postal service. Makes sense for him to try to make that point. But I think most of the American people are not going to see it that way, and they are just going to wonder why we would pass a government run health care plan if, in Obama's own words, "it's the post office thats always having problems". It doesn't jive. What's your opinion?

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

And I kinda messed up on my quotes in that, I apologize ;)

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the part of the bill that requires small businesses to provide health care for their employees. CSPAN ;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)