Login

Tech help?

KelseyWick

16 year(s) ago

I have no idea what you are talking about Matt...but I came here because I am bored. :) So what's up? :) And could you PLEASE try to explain what you are talking about? I would like to learn about to computers and all the tech stuff.

MattBob-SquarePants

16 year(s) ago

Sure. Linux is an operating system. It's the software that makes your computer... compute. Windows is also an operating system. Except Windows you have to pay hundreds of dollars for, and you're still not allowed to change the base OS. Linux is free, there are millions of people around the world working on it to make it better, all the time, and you're allowed to change anything you want, copy it for friends, even sell disks of it. Ask away. That's what this forum is for. Well... technically, THIS forum is to talk about Open Source projects, which is to say, programs which allow others to take it apart and fix stuff themselves (like Linux), but the other tech forums apply to other stuff, so feel free to ask away if you have any tech-related questions. Oh, and the official icon of linux is the penguin. That's the humor of MisterNathan's picture of a penguin about to swat the Microsoft butterfly.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)