Login

The Ark of the Covenant

Son-Of-Fire

12 year(s) ago

I don't remember having this discussion on here before. (hard to do with this crowd) We know from reading the Old Testament that God's presence rested in the Ark of the Covenant. When Jesus came along, God's presence comes in us. The question is this. "If the Ark of the Covenant were to be found, would God's presence still rest in it?"

serfofChrist92

12 year(s) ago

Not sure, but I do know that if you open it your face will melt off.

rami009

12 year(s) ago

Pretty sure it's symbolic. But I agree with Ben :lol:

Confederate

12 year(s) ago

I read in the Bible where the Contract Box was lost due to Eli's sons Hophni and Phineas; but that David brought it to Jerusalem. Where did it go after that? I've never known.

Veyron

12 year(s) ago

Ben, LOL!! If the Ark were to be found, our faith is still with Jesus. See, the Ark may have been God's earthly throne in old covenant times, but people were saved the same then as they are now...by looking to the Messiah. Back at that time, before Messiah came, they looked forward to Him through Torah. Since Messiah has come, we look back to Him. Messiah is the centerpiece of all Judeo Christian History. So, my opinion is simple...God's Shekenah Glory rested on the Ark, yes, but His Spirit has been with the soul of the man who trusts in Messiah and always has.

Confederate

12 year(s) ago

The Ark of the Testimony means the Record Chest. The lid's the mercyseat. The Ark of the Covenant means the Contract Chest. I'm on Chapter 30 in Exodus now where the Lord (Word) gives his instructions to Moses (Rescue) on Cina (Sinai) Mountain just before he goes down and finds the golden calf in the Israelite camp. The golden calf was Korah's lure to get them sinning by worshiping Ptah as well as Osiris I was looking up the Egyptian Apis Bull. Apis was supposed to be an incarnation of Ptah and Osiris. Ptah was first, then Osiris. Ptah was the Egyptian creator god while Osiris was the Egyptian underworld god, the dead's' king. It was to him that the Egyptians went to after they died. He sat in his judgment hall with Ma'at's feather of justice and balance. The judgment was far different from the Hebrew and the Christian judgment view.

Veyron

12 year(s) ago

Ok?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)