Login

Your Apostle...

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

Do you know who your apostle is?

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

I question how many people realize that Paul is YOUR apostle. Sent from the risen Jesus Christ himself to us gentiles. "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office" Romans 11:13 "For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen(or the Gentiles), and they unto the circumcision(jews)." It amazes me how many people fail to see how that we are to follow Paul's doctrine as for us gentiles today as laid out in Romans-Philemon. "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."(thats Paul speaking) 1 Corinthians 11:1

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

to quote Richard Church; "after the start of the dispensation of grace in Acts 9, God did begin to give these gifts to the Gentiles as a sign to Israel that He was doing something new. This is exactly what Peter testifies in Acts 15 regarding the giving of the gift of tongues to the household of Cornelius. " Peter is talkin about tongues(the signs)and giving that new gospel to the house of cornelius as we read about in Acts 10. Cornelius obviously is a gentile. Acts 15 and Galatians 2 is the same event. we obviously know from galatians 2 that peter went to the circumcision.

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

James 1:1; "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the TWELVE TRIBES which are scattered abroad, greeting." I would follow James too a part of the 12 tribes. What tribe are yall from?

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

not a chance:] if not for the dispensation of grace given to paul, us gentiles would not be where we are today. "if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ" Ephesians 3:2-5 The mystery- that God was to send salvation to the gentiles through Paul. This was something that was hidden in God and was not revealed through the prophets. Without the dispensation of grace, we wouldnt be where we are today. If you read acts 7, you'd see that when Stephen looks and sees Jesus standing at the right hand, its a sign that the Jews had used their last chance to accept him, and that jesus was ready to bring the wrath. "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?" Matt. 22:44 Instead of wrath however, God decided to set the jews aside until after the rapture and use paul to start the body of christ. A DISPENSATION of grace.

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

I only use KJV. Ever. It's God's preserved word, I used to use other versions, especially the NKJV, but now I see how other versions have been corrupted by the translations. Dispensationalism isnt about treating people different, but that over time God has changed his programs for men, not changed his nature. The diet changes from Adam(vegetables), to Noah(Anything caught) and then to the other diet restrictions that are still prevalent to the Nation today are one example. And when the Jews rejected God by killing of John, Jesus and Stephen, God dispensated his grace to the Gentiles b/c of the Jews falling away for unbelief; "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy." Romans 11:11

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

proud dispensationalist, and i'm enjoying the discussion.

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

[b]2tim215 wrote:[/b] [quote]I only use KJV. Ever. It's God's preserved word, I used to use other versions, especially the NKJV, but now I see how other versions have been corrupted by the translations.[/quote] God's preserved word? Shucks, let's use the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic! ;) Just as a head's up, the NASB is technically the most accurate...far more accurate than the KJV, at least. [quote]Dispensationalism isnt about treating people different, but that over time God has changed his programs for men[/quote] Would you mind explaining the difference between treating people differently and...the other thing?

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

Quote "Would you mind explaining the difference between treating people differently and...the other thing?" Yea, and fyi, its very refreshing how un-condemning you are toward other thoughts with your 2 responses. You obviously understand grace at least. All i'm saying is, when the Nation of Israel rejected the kingdom, God changed his program The jews were set aside to be picked up later after stephen's stoning. They will go back to having God's favor after the rapture and the body of Christ is taken out. Salvation was sent unto the gentiles despite the jews losing favor, this was to provoke the Nation to jealousy; "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy." For the body of Christ now, its about following in Christ, by following Paul's message laid out in Romans-Philemon. Its not about when you were born, its all out faith, but faith was demonstrated in different things throughout time unto righteousness.

2tim215

15 year(s) ago

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/uncfan454/rightdt-1-1.jpg A time-line of the Bible

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)