Login

Do you believe miracles ?

Joshua

17 year(s) ago

[b]cloudspit wrote:[/b] [quote][b]admin wrote:[/b] [quote][b]cloudspit wrote:[/b] [quote]its stupid to try to believe in a miracle. if you can prove one and how it happend then it would not be a miracle. you either believe in them or you dont. kinda like God.[/quote] Be nice CloudSpit... That response was not called for.. Secondly, there have been studies for years about the reality of miracles, and whether their tru or not, scientists say that people who believe in God, prayer and MIRACLES typically have a less stressfull life and a longer life in general. Their has been in the past alot of fraud in regard to healing miracles and similar miracles... but that doesn't mean they don't exist... And just because someone can be proven to be a scientific possibility doesn't mean it's not a miracle... thats of things are scientifically possible but never happen... Either way, I believe in Miracles, I personaly believe that I have experienced miracles, and have known people who have also... For any one who says they don't exist... I doubt their sovereign and omnipotent view of God[/quote] was not trying to be mean, just stated what i thought stu·pid (stpd, sty-) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "stupid" [P] adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est 1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse. 2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. 3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake. 4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied. 5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job. n. A stupid or foolish person. [Latin stupidus, from stupre, to be stunned.] stupid·ly adv. stupid·ness n. i thought i used the word correctly. anyways. there is no such thing as a half miracle. so then you have two choices. believe or dont. and then even if you prove how a miracle happend then its not a miracle.... mir‧a‧cle  /ˈmɪrəkəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mir-uh-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause. 2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God. 3. a wonder; marvel. 4. a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics. 5. miracle play.[/quote] I realize what stupid is....However if you so choose to reason that it's stupid to believe in miracles that your choice but don't call another point of view stupid just because it's not yours.... Next time I might just remove your "stupid" profile from the site ;)

Chantillon

17 year(s) ago

[b]RobM wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]if you can prove one and how it happend then it would not be a miracle[/quote] I disagree, You could prove that God performed a miracle if there is no other explinaton. As Sherlock Holmes said"When you elimenate the impossible then whatever is left must be true" If that makes sense.[/quote] In Matthew 13 the scribes and pharasees demand a sign after they see Jesus perform an exorcist.Jesus basicaly responds to them saying it doesn't matter what I do as far as miracles or wonders you will still not believe since they have hardened there hearts. For some people its just like that,God the Father could appear to them and they still wouldn't accept.As one of saints use to say going to heaven for a person whom as rejected God and is Love would be a greater punishment to them then going to hell,since they hate God so much.

cloudspit

16 year(s) ago

[b]admin wrote:[/b] [quote][b]cloudspit wrote:[/b] [quote][b]admin wrote:[/b] [quote][b]cloudspit wrote:[/b] [quote]its stupid to try to believe in a miracle. if you can prove one and how it happend then it would not be a miracle. you either believe in them or you dont. kinda like God.[/quote] Be nice CloudSpit... That response was not called for.. Secondly, there have been studies for years about the reality of miracles, and whether their tru or not, scientists say that people who believe in God, prayer and MIRACLES typically have a less stressfull life and a longer life in general. Their has been in the past alot of fraud in regard to healing miracles and similar miracles... but that doesn't mean they don't exist... And just because someone can be proven to be a scientific possibility doesn't mean it's not a miracle... thats of things are scientifically possible but never happen... Either way, I believe in Miracles, I personaly believe that I have experienced miracles, and have known people who have also... For any one who says they don't exist... I doubt their sovereign and omnipotent view of God[/quote] was not trying to be mean, just stated what i thought stu·pid (stpd, sty-) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "stupid" [P] adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est 1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse. 2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. 3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake. 4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied. 5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job. n. A stupid or foolish person. [Latin stupidus, from stupre, to be stunned.] stupid·ly adv. stupid·ness n. i thought i used the word correctly. anyways. there is no such thing as a half miracle. so then you have two choices. believe or dont. and then even if you prove how a miracle happend then its not a miracle.... mir‧a‧cle  /ˈmɪrəkəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mir-uh-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause. 2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God. 3. a wonder; marvel. 4. a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics. 5. miracle play.[/quote] i am afraid : ( I realize what stupid is....However if you so choose to reason that it's stupid to believe in miracles that your choice but don't call another point of view stupid just because it's not yours.... Next time I might just remove your "stupid" profile from the site ;)[/quote]

Swinny89

16 year(s) ago

I'm not so sure CloudSpit has any idea who hes talking to.

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

This is really old. back when Joshua had his username as "admin"

MaddMatt

16 year(s) ago

CloudSpit... are you crazy? Why would you re-hatch an old thread.. going back to last year, just to take a stab at the owner of this site? That is just plain... well.. you know ... that one word! :blink: -Matt

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

[b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]CloudSpit... are you crazy? Why would you re-hatch an old thread.. going back to last year, just to take a stab at the owner of this site? That is just plain... well.. you know ... that one word! :blink: -Matt[/quote] stupid? ;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)