Login

the verse u wanted

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

[b]TheMessenger wrote:[/b] [quote][b]mantor48 wrote:[/b] [quote]So,Messenger what do you think, now? Is the last part of the prayer biblical or not?[/quote] No, the part where it asks Mary to pray for the sinners is not biblical. But, remember, this is what Catholics believe in. To them, it's not "Biblical or Bust", so to speak. When they pray to Mary, I don't think of it as them using another mediator between God and man. They are asking her to also pray to God, like the way you would ask one of your friends to pray for you. The part that's a little bit sketchy and causes the controversy, is the fact that she isn't alive physically, and that you supposedly cant pray to someone who is dead. I think they aren't praying TO them, but asking Mary to pray to God FOR them. I believe, because every person is still alive in the spirit, there's no reason why they can't hear someone's request for help, or in this case, a request for Mary to pray for them. I don't think you quit praying when you go to heaven, and that's why I think it's ok to ask Mary to pray for you. This is a matter of opinion. It's a belief. As for whether it's right or wrong? I can't answer that. And neither can anyone else. You just have to search your heart and pray about it. Everyone has their own prayers. This is a Catholic prayer. And with prayers, it's not for anyone to say whether its right or wrong, because no one except for God can answer that. And I mean no one. Also, just saying, I don't think everything has to be in the bible for it to be "right". What if God Himself gave you a message that you normally think of as "not Biblical". What would you do then? Ignore it because it isn't in the bible? I wouldn't.[/quote] Well, there's a difference between something not being in the Bible and something that goes against the Bible. If I hear a voice that claims that it is God, but it tells me to do something that goes against his word, then I cannot do it, for it goes against what God REALLY said in his word. Bible says that there is only one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus Christ. Sure, it also says to have people who are currently alive and are believers to pray for you, but outside of that, the only person who is a mediator, or prays for you in heaven is Jesus Christ. So in essence, not only is the last part of the prayer not found in the Bible, but it goes directly AGAINST the Bible.

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

[b]mantor48 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]TheMessenger wrote:[/b] [quote][b]mantor48 wrote:[/b] [quote]So,Messenger what do you think, now? Is the last part of the prayer biblical or not?[/quote] No, the part where it asks Mary to pray for the sinners is not biblical. But, remember, this is what Catholics believe in. To them, it's not "Biblical or Bust", so to speak. When they pray to Mary, I don't think of it as them using another mediator between God and man. They are asking her to also pray to God, like the way you would ask one of your friends to pray for you. The part that's a little bit sketchy and causes the controversy, is the fact that she isn't alive physically, and that you supposedly cant pray to someone who is dead. I think they aren't praying TO them, but asking Mary to pray to God FOR them. I believe, because every person is still alive in the spirit, there's no reason why they can't hear someone's request for help, or in this case, a request for Mary to pray for them. I don't think you quit praying when you go to heaven, and that's why I think it's ok to ask Mary to pray for you. This is a matter of opinion. It's a belief. As for whether it's right or wrong? I can't answer that. And neither can anyone else. You just have to search your heart and pray about it. Everyone has their own prayers. This is a Catholic prayer. And with prayers, it's not for anyone to say whether its right or wrong, because no one except for God can answer that. And I mean no one. Also, just saying, I don't think everything has to be in the bible for it to be "right". What if God Himself gave you a message that you normally think of as "not Biblical". What would you do then? Ignore it because it isn't in the bible? I wouldn't.[/quote] Well, there's a difference between something not being in the Bible and something that goes against the Bible. If I hear a voice that claims that it is God, but it tells me to do something that goes against his word, then I cannot do it, for it goes against what God REALLY said in his word. Bible says that there is only one mediator between God and men, and that is Jesus Christ. Sure, it also says to have people who are currently alive and are believers to pray for you, but outside of that, the only person who is a mediator, or prays for you in heaven is Jesus Christ. So in essence, not only is the last part of the prayer not found in the Bible, but it goes directly AGAINST the Bible.[/quote] And here is where we find the difference between Catholics and Protestants.

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

Ok, then. :) By the way, I used to be Catholic...

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

My mom's side of the family is Catholic, and my dad's side is Protestant.

mantor48

15 year(s) ago

Brandon, please don't call them the same thing... It's like calling and blue and a yellow highlighter the same color. Because even though we both are Christian (Both highlighters) We believe many different things (Different colors). You can call us different types of the same things, but not just purely the same. :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)