Login

Women In Leadership?

Rachel721

17 year(s) ago

The women have no role in the church as headship. We belong at our husband's side and as his support as he preaches. Maybe a woman can help, but we do not belong behind the pulpit. And Paula White has her own church that she preaches at and her husband has his own. Independant women are a disgrace to the church and a disgrace to God. When god created Adam and Eve, he did not make them to be maried but separated, he created man and woman to "become one flesh". When you become "one flesh" then they do not separate until God calls one of them home. And God created man first meaning that man should be the headship in everything we as women do (unless it is in an ungodly nature, like if he's beating you because you put toomuch ketchup on his hotdog). Women shouldn't be slaves, but we should be submissive to the man and our husbands. I do understand that times have changed and women can get jobs now, but if a woan were to get a job, it should be in a godly femenine way (like daycare or haircuttery/cosmetology). Not be some corporate booming buisiness woman. Women are too emotion based and men think logically and drive that point home if need be. That's why a man needs a woman for balance and to bring out a little emotion in him. point being, God designed it to where women could be leaders in the home, bu men should be leaders in the world and church. it's just a perfect balance that God designed that is complicated.

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[quote]I guess you would need to define "prophecy." If you define it as proclaiming, then yes, a woman can proclaim the truth of the Gospel to anyone, they are just not permitted to hold the office of a Pastor/Deacon. If you are speaking about predicting future events, I bow out as I view it unbiblical.[/quote] There are thirteen examples of prophetesses in the Bible, if I remember correctly. Most of them are Old Testament, before there was a Gospel to proclaim. Also, by definition, a prophet tells the future. I find no evidence in the Bible to say that prophecy is not of God, however, that is for another thread. The point I made was that prophets are higher in the order of authority that teachers, miracle workers, etcetera. If a woman can be a prophetess, and there are examples in the Bible for prophetesses, then why not a teacher, who is lower in the order of authority? [quote]We're talking church age. There are still today women judges! However, even in the temple it was the Levitical men who were the leadership[/quote] Deborah wasn't just a judge. She was a judge, a prophetess, and a military leader. She led the entire nation's army! She represented spiritual leadership as a prophetess, physical leadership as a military leader, and social leader as a judge. [quote]if a woan were to get a job, it should be in a godly femenine way (like daycare or haircuttery/cosmetology). Not be some corporate booming buisiness woman. Women are too emotion based and men think logically[/quote] By your argument, aren't you ruling out a woman being a judge or a military leader? There are biblical examples of both (i.e. aforementioned example). Also, where would we be without women like Madame Curie? [quote]Women shouldn't be slaves, but we should be submissive to the man and our husbands...And God created man first meaning that man should be the headship in everything we as women do[/quote] I understand that women should be submissive to the man, but a woman can still be submissive while in the role of a pastor. If her ministry is under the covering of another ministry (her husband's or another man's), then she is being submissive to that ministry. [quote]Christ (male)[/quote] If you are speaking of Christ as in Jesus the Christ, Jesus couldn't have accomplished what was needed if He came as a woman, as in that society, women weren't listened or respected nearly as much as men. If a woman claimed what Jesus claimed, who would have listened? If you are speaking of Christ, as in God the Father, the Bible was written in male format; this does not necessarily mean that God is male, especially since God has no physical body, He is spirit. Just to throw this out there: Galatians 3:28 :whistle:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)