Login

\"Life is good, eternal life is better.\"

tinkgurl77

12 year(s) ago

I haven't been on here in a long time! A lot has been going on and I haven't really been on the computer a lot but I'm back for good. Update time! (= I don't know if y'all remember me mentioning my dad having a stroke or not, but my dad had a small stroke 2 years ago and after that he was very different. He stopped going to church, stopped reading his bible, got mad at small things and yelled and cussed at me and my family. I knew that the only thing I could do was pray...so for a year and a half I prayed nothing changed. A lot of other things were going on in my life during this time. I began to lose my best friend(Mikayla) to a girl(we'll call her Beth) who was very preppy and just had an "I'm better than you" attitude, Mikayla has never like this girl and doesn't like people like that. But they became best friends and Beth would talk crap about me to Mikayla and to others, and would also talk crap about Mikayla to other people, Mikayla would tell her to stop talking bad about me and she would...at least to Mikayla. I was losing my best friend and I could do nothing about it but pray so I prayed...but nothing changed. I only had like 3 or 4 friends during this time and they all started to become distant...they talked to me less and less. My family was falling apart and I was losing all my friends, I kept praying but nothing changed after a while I stopped praying and pretty much wanted nothing to do with God or church. Mikayla eventually got sick of the way Beth was treating her and told her they could no longer be friends, I got one friend back but nothing else changed after about 2 months I told her that I wanted nothing to do with God anymore...it broke her heart and she would always send me messages telling me she was praying for me or say it to my face when we hung out. 4 months later(almost 2 years after the stroke) my dad started reading his bible again, got his life straight, and started going back to church. And then I found out Mikayla's family was leaving the church and moving, they were staying in Jax but God was calling her dad to start a church...I felt like I was losing my friend again, she was gonna be an hour away and we wouldn't get to hang out....I still wanted nothing to do with God because my family was still fighting...and I still had only one friend who barely talked to me and was now going to be farther away. 1 month later I went to my church's high school camp. The second night I was talking to one of the ladies who I look up to and I told her everything that has happened in the past 2 years I cried and poured my heart out to her and she sat there and prayed for me for about 10 minutes. The next night the preacher talked about how once we give our lives to Christ nothing can change it, once we're saved, we're saved. We can't be unsaved. He then began to talk about how life gets rough and we feel alone and we feel like it will never get better, but that God is always there and he hears our prayers and things will get better, it may take some time but they will. He then gave an invitation and said some other things....I don't remember much once the invitation started I just remember crying and going down to the altar and praying telling God how sorry I was for living in sin and for turning my back on him, and then thanking him for never changing always being there and for loving me. as I was praying I felt people laying there hands on my back. Once I finished praying I turned around and 4 of my best friends who I hadn't talked to in about 6 months and a girl I had met at camp were all sitting there, they asked if I was okay and I continued to cry...I told them everything and then a couple of them started crying and I asked why, they said that a few months ago Mikayla had talked to them about me and told them to pray for me. She told them the day before we left for camp to be praying hard for me while we were at camp. The night we got back from camp she was there to seem me, I literally climbed over the bus seats to go run and tell her what had happened at camp and how I got my life straight with God. I now have all my friends back and me and Mikayla hang out every weekend and my family fights occasionally but not much. I have been blessed with several new friends and I have grown closer to God and I now have another best friend. God is truly amazing and I don't understand how he could love someone like me, but he does. (= Girls, don't ever turn your back on God, he loves you and he hears your prayers, he is always here for you and he will never leave you.

keyseya

12 year(s) ago

Just cause I'm at work and don't have long, but care to add some paragraphs for us? It's hurting my eyes. Also, it's good to see you around again! :)

Freakyone

12 year(s) ago

I'm so happy that things are turning around for you :D and I love the song you used as your title!

Bittersweet

12 year(s) ago

I agree with Kez, paragraphs plz? But other than that, I'm happy for you. I understand rough patches. *hug*

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)