Login

\"Schindler\'s List\" by Thomas Keneally

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

Has anyone here read "Schindler's List" by Thomas Keneally? I don't know about any of you, but I am fascinated with learning about the Holocaust, so I just had to read this book (I still have to finish it, but so far it's a really good book!). The book is about a wealthy German businessman named Oskar Schindler who lives in Poland I believe, and he uses his resources and money to save Jews from the gas chambers in nearby concentration camps. One of the Jews that Schindler is credited for saving is known to have said: "Schindler called us his children. In 1944 he was a wealthy businesss man....he could have taken the money and gone to Switzerland...But instead he risked his life and all his money to save us." The book is basically the story of Schindler's life and how he rescued hundreds of Jews during the Holocaust. I recomend this book to anyone who can stand to read stuff about the Holocaust, because it really is a well written book! If you've read it, then what do you think of it and what comments do you have about it? horsechic1990

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

I want to see the movie, but my dad won't let me see it 'cause it's rated R and he said it was really violent and gory. I plan to see it in a couple years or so when I'm an adult and stuff. I don't know how Oskar wasted his talent 'cause I'm not even 200 pages into the book yet (I'm roughly about 170 pages into the book right now), but I can't wait to find out how! You should read the book, FiberglassButterfly!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)