Login

1+1=1

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

I was hesitant about posting a Trinity thread, but hopefully it won't be so dreaded if it's focused enough. Repeatedly, those opposing the doctrine of the Trinity have stated that 1+1+1 =/= 1. However, for those who recognize the Gospel according to John as inspired, I think it's interesting that in chapter 1 it states that the Word was both with God and it was God. Something completely separate from God was God at the same time it was separate. Sounds on awful lot like 1+1=1 to me. Thoughts? Comments?

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

I think that the Trinity could mean this-arguably. The Spirit is part of God, and God is part of the Spirit. God is part of the Son, therefore the Son is part of the Spirit and is therefore a part of God. They all go hand in hand. Since God is a part of you, so is the Spirit, and so is the Son. That's confusing and I could have that not quite right- guess I'll just have to crack open the good old Bible and do some reading.

TheMessenger

15 year(s) ago

And as far as the Word WAS God thing- well, God hasn't changed. I think it means the Word was with God in the beginning, and is still there. If it's not still with God- then where is it?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)