Login

2012:Avenge the Hunger of the Hobbit\'s Dark Knight

BrotherReed

11 year(s) ago

Well, Mad said there are people still reading. Let's see if that's true. Here's my updated 2012 movie list: 1. The Cabin in the Woods 2. Moonrise Kingdom 3. Argo 4. Prometheus 5. Seven Psychopaths 6. Wreck-It-Ralph 7. The Dark Knight Rises 8. 21 Jump Street 9. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World 10. Sleepwalk with Me 11. Celeste and Jesse Forever 12. The Avengers 13. Headhunters 14. Lawless 15. Robot & Frank 16. The Hunger Games 17. Men In Black 3 18. Killer Joe 19. The Master 20. The Raid: Redemption 21. The Campaign 22. Bernie 23. Safety Not Guaranteed 24. Chronicle 25. Chernobyl Diaries 26. Safe House 27. Beasts of the Southern Wild 28. Gone 29. Snow White and the Huntsman Some movies I still want to see: Looper, Skyfall, Lincoln, The Hobbit, Les Miserables, Django Unchained, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Hitchcock, Cloud Atlas, Brave... this has so far been a pretty incredible year for movies. It might just prove to be the best since 2007.

BrotherReed

11 year(s) ago

Okay, with the Golden Globe and SAG nominations in, this year's Oscar race comes into focus a little bit. Some frontrunners are not in theaters yet, so it's going to be a rush to catch Les Miserables, The Hobbit, Django Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty. The Hobbit is not looking like much of an awards contender but the others definitely will be. Silver Linings Playbook and Skyfall are out but I haven't seen them yet either. Slowly gaining, though. I'd love to have all of these under my belt by the end of the month so I can put out my top 10 list early but that just doesn't seem plausible right now. Oh yeah I guess I should see Life of Pi too but I really am not excited for it. Killing them Softly is on my radar but probably low priority. My list keeps changing a little bit. The more I think about The Dark Knight the less I like it. I'm not sure it'll end up on the top 10. I'm pretty sure about my top 5 (its contents but not the order) but after that things get a little fuzzy. 1. The Cabin in the Woods 2. Moonrise Kingdom 3. Argo 4. Prometheus 5. Seven Psychopaths 6. Wreck-It-Ralph 7. 21 Jump Street 8. Sleepwalk with Me 9. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World 10. The Dark Knight Rises [b]11. Lincoln[/b] 12. Celeste and Jesse Forever [b]13. Looper[/b] 14. The Avengers 15. Headhunters [b]16. The Sessions[/b] 17. Lawless 18. Robot & Frank 19. The Hunger Games [b]20. The Perks of Being a Wallflower[/b] 21. Men In Black 3 22. Killer Joe 23. The Master 24. The Raid: Redemption 25. The Campaign 26. Bernie 27. Safety Not Guaranteed 28. Chronicle 29. Chernobyl Diaries 30. Safe House [b]31. Brave[/b] 32. Beasts of the Southern Wild [b]33. Wanderlust[/b] 34. Gone 35. Snow White and the Huntsman

THeMadHatter

11 year(s) ago

I'm glad to see that Wreck-It was worth it. I've been torn about paying that much to see it. Also, horrible question, what is this Argo about? I've just heard about it so much, but I have no idea what it actually is. And yes, I still read this to determine what I should spend money on. :P

BrotherReed

11 year(s) ago

It's nothing to be embarrassed about, I barely had any idea of Argo's plot before I went to see it. Basically it's the true story of a US/Canadian operation to extract 6 US ex-pats who get trapped in Iran during an uprising. They get taken in by the Canadian embassy and in order to get them out, the government concocts a scheme to pass the ambassadors out as Canadian location scouts working on a Hollywood movie. In order to make it fly, they have to essentially create and market a fake sci-fi movie called Argo. The movie is funny in the first half and tense as all get out in the second. It's a first-rate political thriller.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)