Login

screams

17 year(s) ago

i'm seeing it tomorrow night, i'm really thrilled. visually, this will be one of the best movies i've ever seen.

Bittersweet

17 year(s) ago

i've heard that movie isn't even historically accurate. (it's based off the Battle of Thermopalaeyes, and i'm pretty sure i spelled that wrong. XD) i just finished up watching a special on it. in the movie, i've heard that at the end, all that's left are the 300 Spartans with the army of Persians. in real life, there were 1000 Greeks with those 300 Spartans.

screams

17 year(s) ago

the movie is based off of the graphic novel by frank miller, 300, so naturally it wouldn't accurately portray historical events fully... although it's not far from correct. i think the 1000 greeks you mean are the total number of armies together. the king's guard of 300 met up with 700 thespian solders, totaling 1000 greeks. the thespians, of thespiae, were also greek. all in all, 1000 soldiers vs however 1 million or so persians is pretty much a severe onslaught. it's crazy that the spartans held off for so long. that's all from what i remember in western history, and as far as i remember it's also how the comic book went. i didn't get to see it tonight because the power went out at the mall, so we got free tickets to go tomorrow afternoon.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

I liked the movie, it is almost exactly like the graphic novel. You can look at a frame the graphic novel and it is exactly like a shot from the movie, kind of like sin city was. The story isn't that great, but the visuals are impressive and the fight scenes are done really well.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)