Login

31 Girl

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

Hey ladies! So, as you requested I'll read 31 Girl by Mary Simpson, give you the main points, ask challenging questions and we can have ourselves a discussion. Once or twice a week (depending on my schedule and the discussion) I'll update the thread with a new chapter. If you have any thoughts or questions etc feel free to jump in and say what you think as this is only a starting point to get the ball rolling. If you'd like to buy a copy of this book (I recommend it. It's very easy to read and includes testimonies, quotes and practical things) then you can get it from [url=http://www.amazon.com/31-Girl-SIMPSON-MARY/dp/0883688085/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309665379&sr=8-1]Amazon[/url] for about $15 new. subsequently you can also buy it from the [url=http://www.31girl.com.au/shop.php]31 Girl website[/url] (I think the prices are in Australian dollars). Lets get into it! Key: Book = Black My thoughts/musings = [color=#800080]Purple[/color] Quotes = [color=#0000FF]Blue[/color] Bible verses = [color=#FF0000]Red[/color] [b]Synopsis[/b] The 21st Century media driven “It” girl who is an amazing over-achiever. She’s a style savvy supermodel with star power, is strong, active, sexy and super smart. She’s an idol, a goddess and an enigma in one all-encompassing package. But have you ever considered what God’s “It” Girl is like? Did you know she is also successful and has been immortalised in the world’s best seller; the Bible? She’s the dream girl of Proverbs chapter 31, a girl who has become renowned, celebrated and legendary. She’s the “It” Girl not only for the 21st Century but for all time..... If you’re a young woman in your teens and twenties, this book has been especially crafted with you in mind. It’s about how you can cultivate the qualities of the “31 Girl” in your own life right now and whatever you might see in your life as ordinary, average and common, God sees as extraordinary, exceptional and unique. Featuring inspiring real life stories and practical tips to help you live life well, this book will stir you to pursue a 31 Girl life and confidently step forward into the amazing adventure destined for you. [b]Introduction- Once Upon A Time[/b] [color=#800080](Mary begins 31 Girl by dedicating it to her son, saying that she hopes one day he will find the 31 Girl of his dreams. So precious!)[/color] [color=#FF0000]A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds... She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. [i]Proverbs 31:10 (The Message), 25-31 (NIV)[/i][/color] [color=#0000FF]"Oh, my prince!" she cried. "I have waited so long for you."" [i]Sleeping Beauty[/i][/color] [After describing her love of fairytales and living happily ever after as a child] But as is the case with children, I grew up and my dream turned into the reality of knowing that fairytales just aren't true... There is however one thing about fairytales that is true. It's the phrase "and they all lived happily ever after." You see, although fairytales may not be real, the Bible defiantly is and it is filled with stories of characters who were eternally blessed by the favour [color=#800080](she's Australian by the way so spells things the proper way ;))[/color] of God; people who were literally chased for the rest of their lives by goodness and mercy! And there are many 'happily ever after' stories in the Bible that I love. But my all time favourite is Proverbs 31. It's the description of a girl who is simply amazing. When I first started reading about the "31 Girl", I was in total awe. Here was a girl who had the "It" factor, she just seemed so perfect, ideal and almost unbelievable. Her life literally had a fairytale touch to it. But it soon became apparent she was no fantasy. A closer look at her life revealed she possessed qualities that I, as a young woman eager to please God, could develop and apply to my life... [31 Girl is] about how you can develop the qualities of the 31 Girl in your life right now and know with confidence that you are priceless, precious and prized by God. Proverbs 31 is a treasure chest filled with priceless qualities that adorn the life of this very classy chick and this book will bring her to life for you.... Some of her qualities will challenge and some will inspire you but at the end of the day all of them are attainable...

Cowgurl4JC

13 year(s) ago

Yes mam, just put this book on my wishlist. Now I have to help my parents pay down some of the credit card so I can get it...^_^

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

I feel pathetic. I had to look up Proverbs 31. Yeah... Me getting up in the middle of the night is about as impossible as me learning how to sew.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

I'm glad to hear it Jess, I think you will really like it! I mean, some of it is a little girly (at least for my taste) but you can tailor it to who you are and what you enjoy doing. And what's wrong with being a girly girl once in awhile? :P Kat, you looked it up when I'd included most of it? I love you and your tired state. ;) [color=#800080]Ok, I have some questions for you guys... 1) Do you believe that you can become a 31 Girl? 2) Do you think there is a stage when you achieve it or do you think it is an ongoing process of growth? 3) What part of Proverbs 31:10, 25-31 would be hard for you personally to achieve/work towards? What part/s would you struggle with? 4) What fairytale type stories are there in the Bible? What one is your favourite?[/color]

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

1) By that list of definitions, no. I am not a housewife. I'm fairly certain I would suck at it. I think the only thing I can achieve by that is having the Lord in my heart. 2) I have no idea. I have no clue who I'm yet, so I'm assuming it's a process. 3) I enjoy idleness. I like to just sit around and talk and not actually be working and cleaning. 4) Hrm.... I really like Abigail's story.

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

1) Uh...not in the sense that I fulfill all the duties she's fulfilling. I have no intention of having children and severe doubts of finding a husband. But in terms of the qualities she possesses I'd like to think I could be. 2) I would say an ongoing process of growth. One is always acquiring wisdom and dignity, and everybody slips at times. There's no point where you realize you are good enough and stop trying to improve as a person. 3) Probably the idleness and charm. I'm not particularly charming and I'm quite lazy. I do think there's a difference between rest and idleness (which I'm basically interpreting as laziness) so I don't it's bad to have a chat or a sit down instead of working or cleaning. 4) The most traditionally fairytale story I can think that I quite like is Ruth's.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

Kat, does being a 31 Girl necessarily have to do with being a housewife? How could you apply Proverbs 31 to you and your situation?

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

Dunno. I don't have a sitution.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

I was more meaning your life, bad choice of words...

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

1) I'm in two minds about it. I guess it comes down to with God's help then he can help me work towards becoming one. 2) I think it's an ongoing process. Like Courtney said, you are always learning, growing and adapting etc. Although you may possess all of those qualities situations, circumstances and life changes that may require you to keep working on an area/s. 3) Believing that I am worth more than diamonds. Defiantly. Also not eating the bread of idleness. I find at the moment I'm either really busy or have nothing at all to do. 4) My favourite is Ruth too.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)