Login

A Request.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

Let me start by saying that this could be sort of long, but please bear with me. I guess I should start by telling how perfect my relationship with my mom is... was. She was my best friend. We did everything together and were very very close. I never thought anything could change it. Now, next part of the story. My dad has OCD and chronic depression. It's not a good combination. He's been on medication for several years now, and has to switch medicines a lot. Lately, the depression has been getting severely worse. The new medications that the doctors are trying aren't helping much at all. Needless to say, it's upsetting my family very much. It's hard to be around Dad, but I'm a daddy's girl. I can't keep myself away from my Dad. I love him even though he's in bad moods most of the time. I'm supportive even though it's really hard. He needs it. My papaw, who I never met, on my dad's side, suffered from the same conditions. Sadly, back then, there weren't many treatments for it, if there were any at all. He killed himself. Naturally, this causes me to worry about my dad. For the past year, I've been constantly scared out of my mind that something like this could happen to my dad someday. I pray hard about it, and God helps of course, but that worry is still there. Now, back to my mom. I expect her to be supportive to my dad 100% of the time. She married him 17 years ago and vowed to be there for him through the roughest of times. I know it's hard to be around Daddy when he's in one of his cruddy moods. I also know that he can't help it, though, so I try to show compassion. Mom doesn't. Mom has been an absolute witch to him lately. It seems that she's constantly jumping down his throat over something. It's upsetting me so bad, and I can't even be in the same room with her without getting into a screaming fight anymore. My family needs all the prayers we can get. For the past three or four days, I've cried almost constantly. I've considered staying with other family members and transferring schools for a while to get away from it, but I don't think that leaving my dad like that would accomplish anything. If anything, I think that it would make things worse. I thank you all in advance for prayers. I love you all. And by the way- I'm sorry I've not been around much lately. I've been really caught up in a lot of other things.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

Will be praying love. My inbox is open if you want to talk or vent or whatever. I love you!

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

Thank you, Kezzy. I love you too.

831jonate

13 year(s) ago

okay i will pray you and your family .

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

*also praying*

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)