Login

Alcohol?

Hewillcomesoon

17 year(s) ago

ok heres the deal... its been a big question in a few of our last bible studies. I wanna here some other peoples thoughts on drinking. Is it bad is it fine or only fine to a point? lets here it.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

Didn't Jesus turn water into wine?

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

alcohol itself is fine... drunkenness is what's bad

Hewillcomesoon

17 year(s) ago

yes he did and i beleive that it was common to drink in those days and that it is fine to drink alcohol at a low level but if your doing it infront of people that were alcoholics well thats telling them " well if a christian is drinking it must be fine so im gonna do that" and then they will overdrink and become drunk which is a sin to us to in a sense... destroy a faith like that. But obviously im underadged and wont =D.

jeremiahluvst

17 year(s) ago

you know i think a tall skinny man once said. its only bad if your doing it to get drunk.smart man he was.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

[b]Hewillcomesoon wrote:[/b] [quote]yes he did and i beleive that it was common to drink in those days and that it is fine to drink alcohol at a low level but if your doing it infront of people that were alcoholics well thats telling them " well if a christian is drinking it must be fine so im gonna do that" and then they will overdrink and become drunk which is a sin to us to in a sense... destroy a faith like that. But obviously im underadged and wont =D.[/quote] two good Biblical ideas you just stated: 1. to obey the laws of the land: our country doesnt allow kids to drink, so, you should obviously follow that 2. dont cause a brother to stumble: if you drinking at all might cause someone to stumble in their walk and sin, it's better not to do it

Hewillcomesoon

17 year(s) ago

all true, but it does sound a litter shinier when in a testimony you could say ive never drank alcohol it can cause bad things if used incorrectly which satan would attempt to use if i tried.

I-am-saved-08

17 year(s) ago

Yeah Jesus turned water into wine. But alcohol to me is wrong. I think that even be drunk is even worst. If you think about it alcohol is wrong cause look at it you always hear about people getting hurt when they are drunk. Would that say something there, that drinking is wrong cause they hit innocent people and they have to go to the hospital, or they end up dying. Me personaly I think it's wrong and I know in some places, where you it has to be a certain time in order for you to buy beer. Which I think thats good. So we all have different oppinions. Most of us aren't prob. gonna agree with each other

LilBitJC

17 year(s) ago

[b]DHfan wrote:[/b] [quote]alcohol itself is fine... drunkenness is what's bad[/quote] I agree. People take it too far and do stupid things most of the time.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)