Login

An angry Messiah?

barry

16 year(s) ago

[b]John 11:33 - "Yeshua then ... mutters in spirit, and disturbs (or stirs) Himself."[/b] [b]John 11:38 - Yeshua then, again muttering in Himself, is coming to the tomb. .."[/b] The word "[i]mutter[/i]" translated "[i]groan[/i]" in the KJV is the word "[i]embrimaomai[/i]" he meaning is: to thunder to snort (with anger) to anger (LXX Lamentations 2:6) The other two instances where embrimaomai appears (Matthew 9:30, Mark 1:43) Yeshua is angrily barking orders to individuals who were healed. In Jeremiah 31:34 "ebrim" is used to translate the Hebrew "zakor" to remember. What I derive from the use of this word is a sense of forceful remembrance. A determination that what is spoken will be heard and will be acted on. So what did Yeshau speak? I can offer a suggestion: [b]Psalm 89:47,48 - "Remember, I pray You, how short my time is! Wherefore in vain have You created All the sons of men? Who [is] the man that lives, and does not see death? He delivers his soul from the hand of She'ol."[/b] [b]Selah.[/b] [b]Psalm 119:49,50 - "Remember the word to Your servant, On which You have caused me to hope. This [is] my comfort in mine affliction, That Your saying has quickened me."[/b] The middle English word "groan" used in the KJV – is related to the old Norse word grenja "to howl". http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=g&p=11

Post edited by: barry, at: 2008/03/20 09:40

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)