Login

Article on theology vs homosexuality:

THeMadHatter

12 year(s) ago

I know, me posting in here is a surprise. I'm not really participating in this, I just wanted to provide a subject matter since it seems that y'all are posting in the same things over and over again. ;) I was given this article to read, and I believe you guys would enjoy discussing it as well in a peaceful manner. Who knows, this may not even end up being a long discussion. :P "What the Bible Says- and Doesn't Say- About Homosexuality:" by Rev. Mel White Link: http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian

Ellipses

12 year(s) ago

tl:dr?^ This is not meant to be a direct attack on the above poster, but rather a response to people who have said similar things. The Bible, is The Word of God, yes? Not The Word on How To Pick Partners. But if you'd like to quote it as saying that a "man shall not lie with another" then make sure you follow these other tidbits. [quote] DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21 If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately. DEUTERONOMY 22:22 If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death. MARK 10:1-12 Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced. LEVITICUS 18:19 The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed. MARK 12:18-27 If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir. DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12 If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her. [/quote] What's that? None of those are followed anymore? That's correct! That's likely because The Bible was written by Man, and Man snuck some of his viewpoints into it. Society changes, and with it, what is deemed "acceptable." So if you want to say that "homosexuality is against my viewpoint," go ahead, that's your opinion, and you have every right to it. But don't say that you're right because The Bible said so. That's misleading and inaccurate.

Ellipses

12 year(s) ago

I really am not following you in regards to what this topic is about. This topic is not even about arguing homosexuality (its about the linked article) but even less so is it about punishing sinners. Please explain what youre trying to say in terms of this thread or direct it to the relevant thread.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)