Login

Baby Salvation

Luke

18 year(s) ago

A very touchy subject for many of us. Do babies go to heaven if they die? I'm talking young, like, under 1-ish. Most all of us wish to believe that they go to heaven, because we couldn't bear the alternative...but is there concrete evidence in the Bible? I'm open to opinions as well, but for biblical evidences please include scripture. Luke

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

LUKE!!!! U MAKE ME THINK TOO HARD....BUT I DO HAVE PART ONE OF MY OPINION.... BABIES HAVE NEVER SINNED.... UMMMMM YA SO ILL GET BACK 2 U LOL GOOD QUESTION THOUGH:P GOD BLESS GOOD. SHINE BRIGHT 4 JESUS!!! ~JAN

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

FROM TH BIBLE....... Matthew 19:14: "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."" GBG SB4J

Luke

18 year(s) ago

k, maybe I'm crazy, but I think babies have sinned. We're all born with a sin nature, and there's nothing we can do to get out of it. Not even babies are perfect... Luke

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

OH I LIKE THIS FIND....... The Bible does not specifically tell us where infants and little children go when they die, but the Scriptural evidence leads me to believe that they all go to heaven if they have not yet reached an "age of accountability" (which is possibly a different age for different children since everyone matures at a different rate). ;)

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

The Greek word for "little children" in these verses is paidion, which means "a little child, either male or female" (The Complete Word Study Dictionary of the New Testament, Spiros Zodhiates, p.1089). In verse 4 (above) we are told that whoever "humbles himself" like a child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and the Greek word for "humbles" (tapeinoo) means "to bring low, to humble" (The Complete Word Study Dictionary of the New Testament, Spiros Zodhiates, p.1366). These "low, humble" people who believe in Jesus and are like little children are mentioned by the Greek word mikros in verse 6 (above), which means "low, humble" (The Complete Word Study Dictionary of the New Testament, Spiros Zodhiates, p.986). Now, notice in the above passages that Jesus did not say, "unless you change and become like murderers, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." We would not expect Jesus to say such a thing because unrepentant murderers are excluded from heaven (1 John 3:15, Revelation 21:8, 22:14-15). Since Jesus said that we must become like little children in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, the implication is that little children are not excluded from heaven for any reason. This further supports the view that infants and young children are spiritually alive and will go to heaven if they die. Here are several more interesting passages: John 9:41: "Jesus said, "If you were blind [tuphlos], you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."" Deuteronomy 1:39: "And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad --they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it." Isaiah 7:14: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Isaiah 7:15: "He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right." Isaiah 7:16: "But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste." In John 9:41 (above), Jesus said that those who are "blind" are not guilty of sin, and He used the Greek word tuphlos which means "being blind, ignorant, stupid, slow of understanding" (The Complete Word Study Dictionary of the New Testament, Spiros Zodhiates, p.1400, John 9:41). This refers to people who are ignorant of sin rather than those who are physically blind, which means that infants and young children (who are too young to understand about sin) are not guilty of sin. In Deuteronomy 1:39 (above) we see a reference to children who were too young to know good from bad. This demonstrates that young children are ignorant of sin, and Jesus said that those who are ignorant of sin are not guilty of sin (John 9:41, above). In Isaiah 7:14-16 (above) we see once again that there is a period when young children are ignorant of sin, and therefore they are spiritually blind and not guilty of sin (John 9:41, above).

Post edited by: ANGELSFLUTTERBYE, at: 2006/06/23 18:59

ANGELSFLUTTERBYE

18 year(s) ago

All of these examples demonstrate that people are spiritually alive (as infants and young children) until sin "springs to life" within them, causing them to die spiritually. The Bible does not say at what age this happens (and possibly it happens at different ages for different people since everyone matures at a different rate), but the Bible does say that we need the new birth through Christ in order to receive spiritual life again. Now, here's something else to consider. Jesus said that we must become "like little children" in order to enter the kingdom of heaven: Matthew 18:3: "And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children [paidion], you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:4: "Therefore, whoever humbles himself [tapeinoo] like this child [paidion] is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:5: ""And whoever welcomes a little child [paidion] like this in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:6: "But if anyone causes one of these little ones [mikros] who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." Matthew 19:14: "Jesus said, "Let the little children [paidion] come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.""

xLisax

18 year(s) ago

Well.. i def. think that babies can sin - - take one of my nieces for example -- she'll turn 2 in august - - but ever since she could understand my sister - - if she didnt do what she was told - -like saying "no" when she told her to "get away from the stove" -- thats disobedience which is a sin but little children can't grasp the concept of God -- i knew 5 yr olds who didnt know what "the solar system" was - - so if they can't grasp concept of our universe -- how can we expect them to understand the sacrifice Jesus made for us? and I'm not sure of the verse -- but doesnt somewhere in revelations it says that in the second coming of Jesus that all of his followers and little children will be brought up to be with him? (( correct me if I'm wrong )) BUT if that is the case then i think we should feel sure that little children who know no better would go to Heaven - - How could we expect a just and fair God to send babies to Hell if they never even had the slightest idea how to grasp that concept. This topic really hits home when it comes to my boyfriend... He is the only one living out of 4 children. He had an older sister who died last year -- she had cerebral palsey - - could never walk or talk and her mind was basically mush - - so she couldn't understand anything - - since that doesn't exclude her from sin - - would she go to Hell even though her knowledge was equivalent of a new born? My boyfriend also had 2 younger siblings. (( twins )) whose lungs collapsed right after their birth and they died - - they were barely alive long enough to cry - - so is that to say that they didn't go to Heaven and their souls were sent to Hell after only a few short minutes on earth?

StLouis

17 year(s) ago

Well We r born in a sinfull nature but I do believe babies go to Heaven. When Davids Baby died in the Bible he said that the child would not return to him but he will go to him. So he bascily said he would c the child in Heaven.:)

StLouis

17 year(s) ago

Look Read second Samuel chapter 12 it talks about Davids child dying and read Davids quote at the end of the chapter. In verse 23.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)