Login

Back to the Future Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

I have reviewed so many movies in the past, but they were more like movies that I have seen for the first time. I have such a big DVD collection in my house, that it gave me an idea. How about I do a review on all of them? That ain't a bad idea. I know I have the Star Wars movies in my collection, but I already reviewed them all. So I'm not going into any of them. The first movie that I will review is: [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/marvolous937/BTTFbackground.jpg[/IMG] The only reason for why I'm going to start reviewing this movie is not because I'm going to do this in alphabetical order. The Aliens movies are obviously going to be in these reviews. The real reason for why I'm going to start off reviewing this movie is simply because the 25th anniversary just past not too long ago. I truly love this movie so much that I rated this one to be one of my all time favorite movies. That, and seeing this movie just gets better and better with its nostalgia value in it. It even stands out today as one of Steven Spielberg's and Robert Zemeckis' best movies that they have ever made. Its just one of those movies that you can't find at least one single person who says that that they have never liked this one film. And that is one of the things that I like about this film. The plot in this movie, like how James Rolfe from Cinemassacre.com brought up about this film, will make your head hurt just thinking about it. It starts off with Marty McFly as a high schooler, who is living in a not so perfect world, where his mom is an Alcoholic, his father is a dweeb, his uncle is in jail, and his brother is working in minimum wage at Burger King. His sister, I believe is still in school or in college. I never did any research on her status. Then Doc. Emmet Drown tells Marty to help out his experiment about his time machine on the DeLorean. The DeLorean, to my knowledge, was made by John DeLorean in 1975. It filed bankruptcy in 1982, and ceased to exist. It made so much fame in 1985 due to this movie, and I believe that only 10,000 of them still exist today worldwide. I only seen one once when riding back from Universal Studios Hollywood 2 years ago, and I always wanted one ever since I saw the movie. So the Doc gets shot by ripping off the Libyan terrorist by giving them the fake Plutonium rods, and Marty goes back to November 5th, 1955. So now we jump into our next plot: trying to go back to the future. Marty tries to find the Doc, but suddenly gets hit by his grandpa's car, by preventing his father to meet his mother. And by the way, I almost forgot to mention how I love how both Spielberg and Zemeckis made the 50's look. Everything about the setting feels so precise with the buildings, the people, the things that were popular back then, and how they lived. Everything about this film really does bring you back to the past, and it really makes you feel like you are in the 50's. Marty does find the Doc, who is a scientist, and is also an inventor, who invents thing that doesn't work. So Marty proves that he is in the future by showing him about the flux compassador, and is trying to get help from him to take him back to the future. But the Doc told Marty that he needs to put his parents together, or he will cease to exist. Plot #3. No matter how much Marty tries, it just brings his mom to him even more, and brings his father away from his mom. Biff, who is trying to get in a relationship with her, is one of my favorite bad guy in any movie that I have seen. I just love what kind of a bone head he is, just as much as a loser in denial. Plot #4. So now he is trying to get his father into the dance by trying to get with mom. Marty does, but his plan is ruined when Biff gets in the way at the dance. His dad then starts to step up by beating up Biff, and knocking his lights out. But then plot #5 comes in when Marty plays for the dance, and finally brought his parents together, but is stuck with playing a song for the band he is playing with. Plot #6. Marty is finally going to go back to the future, and tries to tell Doc that he is going to die in 1985. But refuses to listen, and even tears up the letter that Marty gave to him. Marty then goes back to 1985, but then that starts up the last plot of the movie, by trying to go back to where Doc dies. He tries to catch up to him by arriving an hour earlier, but is too late. However, Doc did read the letter in the end, and did bring a bullet proof vest this time. This then concludes the first movie, by giving us a piece of the next part of the series. Every time I see this movie, it always gets better and better through time. It has everything in it. It's a love story, high school move, a teen movie and a sci-fi movie too. I never found anyone who says that they hated this film, and just about everyone that I know loves watching it. 5/5 Stay tuned for part 2.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)