Login

Beautiful quotes:

THeMadHatter

13 year(s) ago

Please share your best quotes here: "Sometimes your knight in shining armor is really just an idiot in tin foil."

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

[i]In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.[/i] Bill Watterson [i] I will love you as a drawer loves a secret compartment, and as a secret compartment loves a secret, and as a secret loves to make a person gasp, and as a gasping person loves a glass of brandy to calm their nerves, and as a glass of brandy loves to shatter on the floor, and as the noise of glass shattering loves to make someone else gasp, and as someone else gasping loves a nearby desk to lean against, even if leaning against it presses a lever that loves to open a drawer and reveal a secret compartment. I will love you until all such compartments are discovered and opened, and until all the secrets have gone gasping into the world.[/i] Lemony Snicket

larry229

13 year(s) ago

[i]It must be so - Plato, thou reason'st well! - Else whence this pleasing hope, this fond desire, This longing after immortality? Or Whence this secret dread and inward horror Of falling into naught? Why shrinks the soul Back on herself and startles at destruction? 'Tis the Divinity that stirs within us, 'Tis Heaven itself that points out an hereafter And intimates Eternity to man. Eternity! - thou pleasing-dreadful thought![/i] Joseph Addison, [i]Cato V.i.[/i] [i]The soul, secured in her existence, smiles At the drawn dagger and defies it's poin. The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years; But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amid the war of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds.[/i] Joseph Addison, [i]Cato V.i.[/i] [i]Shall any gazer see with mortal eyes Or any searcher know by mortal mind? Veil after veil will lift - but there must be Veil after veil behind.[/i] Sir Edwin Arnold, [i]The Light of Asia[/i] [i]Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested[/i] Francis Bacon [i]If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.[/i] Francis Bacon [i]We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths; In feelings, not figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives Who thinks most - feels the noblest - acts the best.[/i] Philip James Baily, [i]Festus V[/i]

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

[i]It's like people believe all you need to do is like the same bands in order to be soulmates. Or book. 'Oh my god...you like The Outsiders too...it's like we're the same person!' No, we're not. It's like we have the same English teacher. There's a difference[/i] John Green [i]Summer night - even the stars are whispering to each other[/i] Kobayashi Issa [i]As it has been said Love and a cough cannot be concealed Even a small cough Even a small love[/i] Anne Sexton [i]Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words.[/i] Edgar Allen Poe [i]One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.[/i] Lewis Carroll the entire poem Renascence by Edna St. Vincent Millay, which is much, much too long to post here but gloriously wonderful.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)