Login

Best E3 Announcement?

Link0104

14 year(s) ago

Since EVERYTHING's being revealed at E3 right now, I was just wondering what everyone was most excited about overall? As a long-time Zelda fan, I'm probably most psyched about Skyward Sword right now. Kid Icarus: Uprising looks pretty sick too. Nothing from Sony or Microsoft has really caught my eye as of late.

Ellipses

14 year(s) ago

Pretty much the entire Nintendo conference yesterday. Kirby, DK, 3DS, Icarus, etc. They won by a LONG shot. Microsoft's Natal/Kinect looks underwhelming and that was about all they had. Only thing that excited me for Sony was Portal 2.

Link0104

14 year(s) ago

Ah, Portal...Fantastic game.

javie

14 year(s) ago

Nintendo won by a long shot with its 3DS, but Microsoft did not. Sony got a C+ for bringing back Twisted Metal. However, the Playstation Move and the Kinect, come up with something that doesn't involve with motion. Please. I was happy to see Kirby Epic Yarn was coming out. It look like so much fun. I even saw pictures for Paper Mario for the 3DS. I was excited for that one. Even for Zelda.

Link0104

14 year(s) ago

Nintendo never ceases to amaze me. Although I've kind of moved on to Sony for multiple reasons, I still own a Wii and DS and plan on getting almost everything they talked about this year at some point.:P However, as many people said, E3 this year wasn't really what it's supposed to be. E3 is supposed to be where all the game producers/designers/creators/whatevers unveil something new, not new versions of all their old games. While I'm still excited for inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I don't think they should have been E3 spotlights. Any and all of their new products should have.:S

serfofChrist92

14 year(s) ago

[b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]However, the Playstation Move and the Kinect, come up with something that doesn't involve with motion. Please.[/quote] Actually, Kinect is a lot more than motion. It has voice recognition technology and can recognize very subtle movements. Which means that you would never need a remote to operate your TV again.

javie

14 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]However, the Playstation Move and the Kinect, come up with something that doesn't involve with motion. Please.[/quote] Actually, Kinect is a lot more than motion. It has voice recognition technology and can recognize very subtle movements. Which means that you would never need a remote to operate your TV again.[/quote]But still doesn't convince me to buying it. There wasn't that many games that interested me, and the whole idea of motion sensing is like Wii games that are not made from Nintendo. You would rather off sticking with what you have, till the next gen consoles come out. But I'm not done here yet. The Playstation Move is just another Wiimote. Nothing original about, and it didn't convince me to buying the thing. That's another thing that I don't like. The PS3 controllers have motion sensing, but what's the point? I never played a game that I was ever able to use with it. In Killzone 2, all you do is move either the menu screen, or the loading screen. Nothing was special about it, and nothing about it had any point whatsoever. Sony didn't speak anything about the PSP Go anymore, as if they just gave up on it. And I still don't want to buy it. I would just rather off stick with the PSP instead.

javie

14 year(s) ago

I almost forgot something else that Sony brought up, since last year. What was it? Oh yeah, the 3D games. Who on earth will buy a 3DTV and a pair of glasses? No one. The 3DTV is $1800 and just one pair, and I mean one pair costs about $200. So, in total, you will be spending $2000 just to play Sony's new games. Now, not that I'm saying that all was bad from Sony. Microsoft had its worst year yet. But I did like some of the games that will be coming out: LittleBigPlanet 2 Killzone 3 Infamous 2 Twisted Metal PSP, on the other hand, I can't find any more new games that interest me.

serfofChrist92

14 year(s) ago

Dude. Sony fails at life. I had suspected this early on, but it was established in concrete when the PS3 proved to be a major bomb in sales. The Playstation Move junk is ridiculous...they're still trying to play catch up. And Sony mocked Microsoft for going to an interface that requires no buttons. Meanwhile technology has been trending towards interfaces that are less complex and more user friendly (the iPhone and iPad, and now Kinect, for example). In other words, controllers with tons of buttons are becoming a thing of the past. Sony is out of touch with reality and, while 3d is cool [if you like that kind of stuff...I personally get a headache from it], really didn't have anything worthwhile at the E3.

Ellipses

13 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]Dude. Sony fails at life. I had suspected this early on, but it was established in concrete when the PS3 proved to be a major bomb in sales. [/quote] Quality is not measured solely in sales. For instance, the reason I got a PS3 this year and not a 360 (Besides the Red Ring never being fully fixed) is that it has more awesome exclusives, at least in the genres I enjoy.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)