Login

Bioshock 2

javie

14 year(s) ago

To be honest with the all of you, I never played the first Bioshock, but I did play the demo for it. Some liked it, some didn't for stupid reasons, but others didn't like it for good, honest, and understandable reasons. I liked through playing the demo, and thought that it was kind of unique of how original the story was. I was given quite a few spoilers about the game not too long ago, and made me understand part two, which I will finally review right at this second. But I have to warn some of you. This might give you spoilers all the way through. So, if you don't want any of that, then don't read any of this. Nah, I'm only kidding. I won't spoil any of it for you. The game starts off in 1958, right on the same New Years Eve night of the incident happened in Rapture. Your character is a Big Daddy, who's named as Delta, and you actually have a daughter with you, who is literally your daughter. But a woman, named Tasha Lamb, who is not only your main villain, but also Andrew Ryan's, doesn't want you to be her father. Why? Because you're literally Michael Jackson underneath the suit. Nah, I'm only kidding. She takes the daughter, who is named Elanor, away from you, because she wants to be a mother, and is so obsessed with Elanor. She probably took her away from you, because she also doesn't think that some person, such as a Big Daddy like you, shouldn't be taking care of a girl such as her. So you all of a sudden get hypnotized, Tasha tells you to shoot yourself on the head, and you come back to life 10 years later. Now you awaken in Rapture, and see that the whole city is literally falling apart, and is now in really bad shape and is getting worse and worse since the last time you played. The people of Rapture now have treated Tasha Lamb as a god and a savior of Rapture, and they do worship her. So they do adore her and almost every time, you do hear her voice over the speakers in the city, saying that she is the mother of the city, and you better worship me! You do get to face a new enemy in this game, who is called a Big Sister. Basically, she is like a Big Daddy, except that are women, they move faster, athletic, and knows how to use Eve against you. Your weapons in this game are very different this time. Now that you are a Big Daddy, you get to use his weapons. And you get to do a bunch of stuff now. You can drill people, shoot nails, use a huge chain gun, shoot five people with a harpoon gun, fire harpoon rockets, use a weapon that hacks stuff, shoot out mini turrents, have a huge cannon attached to you that fires rockets out of it, and go underwater. You also get into more depth of the story of the series. You even get to know more about Ryan, and why he wanted to make Rapture away from the surface, and the feud between Ryan and Lamb. You even get to know more interesting characters that you meet in this game. My Favorite out of all of them is Sinclair. His acting is fantastic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UleHylCzLeY Everything else is the same in this game. That's at least what I heard of about this game though. Nothing else is changed. But that doesn't bother me at all, only because I never played the first one. But other than that, this is a must buy game. I highly recommend it to every single gamer. all, but the young children. The only downfall of this game is that if you are thinking about buying it for a home console, do it. Why? Because the PC version requires a powerful computer with a powerful graphics card. For example, if you happen to own an older model of the HP Pavilion Laptop, or of any computer that came out last year or older, then I will let you know with a warning that it will never work. It will then become a waste of $60 dollars for you. I happen to own a powerful computer with a powerful graphics card, because I use a gaming laptop, by ASUS, which is known for making one of the best gaming laptops out there. And yes, I do have the latest version of it. So, because of this one minor problem, I can't give this game a perfect score. Not too much of the gameplay is changed, and it needs a power graphics card. The score for this one: 4 3/4 out of 5.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)