Login

Christian indie film: Facing the Giants

JeffreyNevins

17 year(s) ago

http://www.facingthegiants.com/ I learned it was made by a church in rural Georgia(!) & proceeds go to building a city park. It has a limited national release right now. Impressive. I might look for it on DVD eventually (don't go to the theatre much).

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

Storyline - amazing Acting - terrible (with the exception of one guy)

JeffreyNevins

17 year(s) ago

Good to know. I'll consider a rental if I can find it (a shame on the acting).

MirrorMirror

17 year(s) ago

[size=4][b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote]Storyline - amazing Acting - terrible (with the exception of one guy)[/quote] [color=#9A9C02]I didn't pay attention to the acting, I was just worryed about the story!!:woohoo: :laugh: B) [/color][/size]

SteveB

17 year(s) ago

[b]JeffreyNevins wrote:[/b] [quote]http://www.facingthegiants.com/ I learned it was made by a church in rural Georgia(!) & proceeds go to building a city park. It has a limited national release right now. Impressive. I might look for it on DVD eventually (don't go to the theatre much).[/quote] I found this movie to be exceptional because it was done by amateurs only interested in providing the Gospel in a media filled with wickedness; and inspiring because it dared to challenge peoples limited faith. The message is way more important than any lack of professional acting experience, for those who get it. Regards, Steve B

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

well, i didnt think the acting was too bad... i really wasnt trying to pay too much attention to it though... i was way more concerned with the movie the writing was awesome loved the storyline good production not predictable (which is always awesome) great message it did start off slow, but it really picked up like a half hour into it

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

Yeah, I was just trying to give a quick review of the ups and downs of it. To me, the acting in movies/TV shows/Broadway performances stand out, as I have been taking drama classes for five years and am always watching how different people act and taking mental notes to revise my own performance.

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

ya... the acting was somewhat bland for the most part, but it wasn't horrible or anything... i liked the black coach (can't remember his name) and the head coach guy (really wasn't paying attention to names in this movie.. but it was definitely better acting than i expected just from a church in Georgia

TheatreGeek123

17 year(s) ago

I really liked the movie! Yes, the acting was bad, but it had an AMAZING message!!!! I think it is amazing that a church made that movie!

so-cdog

17 year(s) ago

I love that movie! It has really helped me in my life and has inspired me, too. I liked the simpleness of it:a church on a $100,000 budget, hardly anyone was paid, and the ladies at the church took turns cooking for the actors.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)