Login

Convictions (Romans 14)

sizzalin

14 year(s) ago

Okay, when I came back to Christ, I've been taught certain things, of which I came to question about. Why, because I want to know what the Bible has to say about things. The things I questioned tho, were things like, "Is drinking a sin," "Is there such a thing as worldly style of music," "Is KJV the only 'true' Bible?" I mention these certain things because these were some of the things that I struggled with, and I wanted true and Godly answers. I wanted answers based on Scripture. We as Christians need to check His Word when we hear a sermon from our pastor, radio, etc to see if it's the truth. Acts 17:11 (NLT) says, "And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. The searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth." Now this I say because people who are Christians never do this, and it's sad, because they'll just take anything they hear and apply it before checking His word, and God's Word has the final say in everything Now, to the subject at hand, convictions. Whether you like the idea or not, Christians have different convictions about certain subjects, and the reason that is, is because each person is different. Now this doesn't mean we have a right to go out and judge that person, but instead love them. It's different when they're clearly going against what the Bible says, like say a person steals candy from his friend, and well we know that person is sinning, why because the Bible does say not to steal (Exodus 20:15). So now to the questions I asked myself, my convictions on music, I don't think that there is such a thing as a worldly style of music, and that when we worship the Lord through music, He wants our hearts in it. He wants us to sing psalms, hymns, and spiritually songs, making melody in our hearts. (Ephesians 5:19) Also is the KJV the only true Bible, well based on fact it's only a translation of the Bible, and well God's word will never pass away. (Mark 13:31) Oh and last but not least, drinking, well personally, I never found drinking to be a sin, especially since Jesus drank wine, and also turned water into wine (John 2:1-12). Me personally tho, I wouldn't drink, why, because I don't want the temptation of being drunk. Ephesians 5:18 (NLT) says, "Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit. Now people will have different convictions than me, so do I tell them what I believe and force them to it? No, because that person may have his or her reasons why they believe what they believe. Instead of passing judgment, I still need to accept them, and love them as God would and not be a stumbling block. Most Christians will never get this because they are stuck in this idea of a set of rules, and it's quite sad. We do need to be accepting to Christians, no matter where there walk is, and we need to help them grow closer to the God who loves, and not be a stumbling block.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)