Login

Courting V Dating

Kelli-M

17 year(s) ago

I apologize if this has been debated before as I am new. I would like to know what are your thoughts on dating versus courtship? Please define both as many people have drastically different ideas. I am ok with dating but here is what my definition of dating is - I am a 16 year old girl I like to think of myself as attractive - I have never been on a date had any close guy friends or been kissed. This is because I have always felt secure My dad has always made me feel like the most special person in the world so I don't feel the need for male attention. I pray for my future husband off and on (mostly on weekends that he won't do anything he will regret later) it's not that I wouldn't like to date and all I can't wait to get married like most little girls I have been planning my wedding since I was 3 :) this being said when I find a guy that I feel God has put in life for a reason I won't have a problem dating I would establish standards and make sure he agrees to them and we would never be by ourselves in one of our houses. So I really don't have a problem with dating if you're aren't throwing yourself at every guy/gal you see if you let GOD lead the way I think it can be great. I don't see how courtship could let you get to know each other I mean there are somethings that need to be discussed between indiviuals that you don't want anyone else hearing also dating you can do sporadic things like going out to eat and that sort of thing but courting is upposed to be in a group and all organized. So that is my opinion I was wondering what yours was and what your plan is for yourself.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)