Login

curiosoty is killing the cat

brokenangel79

17 year(s) ago

this has probably already been asked, debated, and torn apart, but here it goes anyway... doctrines, theology, and denominations---why were they created and why are they currently followed(hint: personal experiance is crucial in the current) much love in Christ miranda :side: ps; i already have an opinion, but ill share it later if there are some good answers ;)

DHfan

17 year(s) ago

the denominations have to do with disagreements on certain theological issues... personally, I dont like it because we focus on disagreements instead of what we agree on, which is God's sovereignty and Jesus dying on the cross for us and the need to help others doctrine and theology really are necessary as a Christian though because that's what we believe

brokenangel79

17 year(s) ago

well, i just realized that i spelled curiosity wrong, but oh well;) i like how the debate is going, and i am finally putting my two cents in. :P i agree that denominations are needed in the sense of learning how to grow in Christ from one-another's take on scripture. i do not agree with how different denominations has seemed to tear christians apart, especially in catholic-protestant relationships and even a few doctrines within the protestant group. the different denoms were pretty much created because one preacher/pastor(whatever you want to call it) decided that he did not agree with what was currently being taught, got some followers, and started a church. the church would grow, doctrines and theologies were established, and a denomination was born. i would love to see everyone stop this childish bickering about whether or not a woman should cut her hair, or if it is necessary to cross yourself when you pray. as long as you have Christ in your heart, have repented, and been baptised, isnt that all that should really matter? much love in Christ miranda:side:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)