Login

Drawing in the sand

barry

17 year(s) ago

Can you know exactly what it was Yeshua inscribed in the dust before the adulteress woman and her accusers? No! Can a student of Torah have a pretty good idea? Yes! The day before this, Yeshua was at the water liberation ceremony in the Temple. In the middle of it He rose and cried out, “If anyone would thirst he must continually come to me and he must continually drink. The one who believes in me, just as Scripture said, rivers of living water will flow out from his being.” [b]John 7:37[/b] These men who brought this woman before him where there, all men of Israel where as this was the High Holy Days (Sukkoth/Tabernacles, [b]John 7:2)[/b] when all where required to be in Jerusalem. They heard His cry and rejected Him as the Living Water. It is funny to me that people will think He was just drawing in the sand. Yeshua is the living Torah. Everything He did was Torah. Odds are he wrote Scripture. What Scripture may He have written? [b]Jeremiah 17:13 - Hope of Isra'el, ADONAI! All who abandon you will be ashamed, those who leave you will be inscribed in the dust, because they have abandoned ADONAI, the source of living water.[/b] These men knew Torah and they knew the shot He had just taken at them. They did not drop the rocks only because they knew they had sinned themselves. They dropped the rocks after having found themselves kicking against the goads.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)