Login

friends fading from God

EverlastingKing

13 year(s) ago

Im not perfect but I love Jesus and everyday I try to please him, and my friends used to also. Now they are cursing and dressing innapropriatly and seem not to care.But they still go to church and act like everything is okay and they are perfect. I just dont know what to do. I love them and they are intentionally ignoring God. Help?

kenze12

11 year(s) ago

im going through the same thing and the best thing to do is talk to them and pray that they will go back to thier old selfs

Confederate

11 year(s) ago

My gram and mom were a dyed in the wool Catholics. I came from a Catholic family. We went from Sacred Heart Parish in Southside Richmond. I believe we left the parish because it was in a 1960-1970's white gang area. I don't understand why she didn't go to St. Augustine parish in Chesterfield County. It was the nearest and newest parish. We went to Sacred Heart Cathedral that was in downtown Richmond. It was the big cheese in Catholicism in Richmond and Virginia. Mom told me that the Cathedral kept hounding for money for different things and wouldn't let up, so she opted not to go to church anymore. We went camping in spring and summer and had fall and winter Sunday rides. I was a teen when this happened. I began going back to a Catholic service at the VA Hospital in Richmond by 1974, and Protestant services in the same place by 1776. I was in my 20's. I know it's different that with your friends:; but teens will experiment. I would stay home while my family went on weekend camping trips. Gram had Manachevitz Concord Wine as well as Southern comfort. The adults wondered how the bottles would get so low. I think they knew. Be patient with you friends. They'll be back with God someday. I know this from experience. I became a couple with the wrong man for me in 1987-1989. It affected my Christian life. I turned away from God, though I was nominally a Christian. I barely bible studied. I didn't go to church. I didn't pray (still don't much). It took God's gentle prodding and a friend for me to go back to church by 2005.

godislord

6 year(s) ago

i know exactly what you mean an old friend of mine did the same thing, she curses and posts very inappropriate things and doesn't even seem to care but once in a while mentions God but curses his name, i feel really sad that this has happend but i guess all I can do is pray for her.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)