Login

From Whence Comes Evil?

MaddMatt

14 year(s) ago

We know that evil entered the world "through" one man... But where did evil come from? Certainly nothing evil can come from God, yet God created everything... And... doesn't "allowing" evil to exist somehow play into the mix as well? :huh: -Matt

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

*cough* Isaiah 45:7 *cough* :P

MaddMatt

14 year(s) ago

Sure.... I agree... but what about James 1:13-15 ? Or for that matter... what about Amos 3:6 or Lamentations 3:38 ? :huh: -Matt

MaddMatt

14 year(s) ago

I guess I should differentiate between "Moral Evil" and "Calamity" I am not speaking about natural disaster or calamity... but rather "Moral" evil... The fleshly desires of man... temptations.... etc... -Matt

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

[b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]Sure.... I agree... but what about James 1:13-15 ? Or for that matter... what about Amos 3:6 or Lamentations 3:38 ? :huh: -Matt[/quote] Well, James 1:13-15 simply states that we're tempted by our own sinful nature which was caused by the Fall. Evil -- raw evil, in and of itself -- seems pretty clearly to have been created by God.

MaddMatt

14 year(s) ago

James 1:13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Seems pretty clear to say that God does not temp anyone, and that by our "own" evil desires... God is not evil, and thus evil can not come from God. .... -Matt

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

Why do we debate whether or not Satan is Lucifer? Who cares? Why don't we just call him Satan rather then debating whether or not we can call him Lucifer?

TheMessenger

14 year(s) ago

Oh...I choose not to debate these sorts of things :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)