Login

G-d\'s Image

barry

16 year(s) ago

[b]2 Corinthians 4:4 - "They do not come to trust because the god of the 'olam hazeh has blinded their minds, in order to prevent them from seeing the light shining from the Good News about the glory of the Messiah, who is the image of G-d."[/b] [b]Colossians 1:15 - "He is the visible image of the invisible G-d. He is supreme over all creation.[/b] These verses are presented to as to try to prove Yeshua as being G-d! I would suggest that being in the image of something in no way makes you that thing! If however you continue to use this as to make Yeshua as G-d, then this exposes you. Messiah as G-d is in fact a Gnostic doctrine. [b]Romans 8:29 - "because those whom he knew in advance, he also determined in advance would be conformed to the pattern of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers"[/b] [b]2 Corinthians 3:18 - "So all of us, with faces unveiled, see as in a mirror the glory of the Lord; and we are being changed into his very image, from one degree of glory to the next, by ADONAI the Spirit."[/b] [b]Romans 1:23 - "In fact, they have exchanged the glory of the immortal G-d for mere images, like a mortal human being, or like birds, animals or reptiles!"[/b] Consider this, if Yeshua being in the Image of G-d means he is Equal to him then those who will be saved will be in the Image of Yeshua then they as him will be Equal to G-d! So under this thinking we will be G-d. [b]Hosea 11:9 - "I will not give vent to the fierceness of my rage, I will not return to destroy Efrayim; for I am G-d, not a human being, the Holy One among you; so I will not come in fury."[/b] G-d is not a man! All saved will be in his Image as Yeshua is, this does not mean all will be him. It simply means they will be in his will and have power to judge. [b]1 Corinthians 15:28 - "Now when everything has been subjected to the Son, then he will subject himself to G-d, who subjected everything to him; so that G-d may be everything in everyone."[/b] G-d (will be all in all) this does not mean all will be G-d, it means all will be in his image because his will is in them. [b]1 John 3:2 - "Dear friends, we are G-d's children now; and it has not yet been made clear what we will become. We do know that when he appears, we will be like him; because we will see him as he really is."[/b] To be in G-d’s Image we must see him as he is in truth. This can only be done if we are able to believe the teachings of Yeshua and stay away from Theology. Yeshua was the only man who could see (understand) the Father and through him we can see (understand) the father as well. This requires the ability to believe what he said over the teachings of man, not many can do this. Yeshua being in the Image of G-d does not make him G-d, but the mediator between G-d and Man.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)