Login

Gene for homosexuality?

micbrick

17 year(s) ago

Chances are if you in this section of the forums you are fairly mature and this topic will not shake your faith. But this is something I've had on my mind. What if science can prove that there is a gene related to homosexuality? A lot of Christians say its not possible, however all Christians believe that we have original sin due to Adam and Eve, so is it possible the the gene of homosexuality is just another form of original sin that we need to overcome through the power of Jesus? These are just thoughts... shed your light on it. There was a pastor down south who said that if there was a gene for homosexuality, we should work to find a cure to cancel the coding process for that gene. And however you respond, just remember: just because God disagrees with your sins doesn't mean that he doesn't love you.

micbrick

17 year(s) ago

Humans have original sin regardless of homosexuality. I am not saying that homosexuality is genetic, but it could be possible. And honestly homosexuality can be controlled. Whether it is a gene or not, it is a desire that people have... there are plenty of people who have an attraction to the same sex who don't act on it because they know they shouldn't. Either way, we still need to love them. As far as Christians, I feel that homosexuals can be Christians, UNDER ONE CIRCUMSTANCE... that they CHANGE their ways. Part of becoming a christian is not only accepting salvation, but also making a promise to reject sinning to the best of your human will by the help of God. So someone who is gay who seeks have a relationship with Christ needs to clear their past. And THE CHURCH NEEDS TO HELP THEM. The church helps drunks, and drug addicts, why can't the church help gays "rehabiliate"?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)