Login

God calls us... We choose or reject Him

MaddMatt

16 year(s) ago

Hello to all... It has been a while since I have posted on a serious topic. Actually, I went a week or two without even logging into the forums... My thanks to Matt and Nathan and other mods for allowing me the ability to take a break, yet feel comfortable that things would be all right. Now as for the reason of this post. I want to look a a sepcific Scripture, Isaiah 65. I would prefer to only work within that chapter. If need be, we can use other Scripture to clarify a point, but I would like to work only within this passage. I would love to hear some interpretations and meaning of what ya'll think about the passage, and what it means. Things like: 2 All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations- Then He goes on for a few verses and clarifies who these people are that are pursuing their own imaginations.... Then He says: 8 This is what the LORD says: "As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes and men say, 'Don't destroy it, there is yet some good in it,' so will I do in behalf of my servants; I will not destroy them all. 9 I will bring forth descendants from Jacob, and from Judah those who will possess my mountains; my chosen people will inherit them, and there will my servants live. Here we see that God favors His chosen people... Then God says: 11 "But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, 12 I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me." Here we see that "IF" and only "AFTER" we, as man, forsake the Lord, THEN He destines us for the Sword... What intrigues me is that He also is clear to say that "... For I called, but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen... and CHOSE what displeases me." He says this in order to reveal that He only destines us for death, after He has called, and spoke to us, and we chose to ignore Him, and continue to do evil... Anyways... I just want some good conversation on this Scripture.. there is a lot more to it, and feel free to discuss a New Heaven and New Earth, but I would like to stick to Isaiah 65... Thanks! -Matt B)

Post edited by: MaddMatt, at: 2008/03/01 00:37

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)