Login

Good Reads.

RainOnYourParade

13 year(s) ago

I've been on a library kick lately and I'm going through books like crazy. But I'm running out of books to order! So, if you have any books that you think I should check out, post them please! :D

larry229

13 year(s) ago

The Lord of the Rings. Even if you've already readed it. If you have, it's Silmarillion time too. Uh.. you also have a bunch of Dekker books to catch up on. Pick Showdown! It's my favourite of his. Once you're done with all Dekker's, check out Erin Healy's Never Let You Go. I like that book. Have you read Anne of Green Gables? Little Women? All of their sequels? I can go on, but this list should entertain you for a month or two :P

Jekkie

13 year(s) ago

Dante's Divine Comedy. Anything and everything by H.P. Lovecraft I'll think of more later. :P

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

JONATHAN STRANGE AND MR. NORRELL BY SUSANNA CLARKE. Pimping this book like yeah. For a bestseller, not enough people I know have read it. It's so fantastic. It's like LotR meets Dickens meets The Bartimaeus Trilogy (<--- also recommend btw)

RainOnYourParade

13 year(s) ago

I love the Lord of the Rings movies, but I don't think I would like the books as well. My brother said they were kind of dry and he uses a lot of that different language which no one understands... but maybe if I run out of books I'll give it a shot? Haha. Yes! I just ordered some Ted Dekker books yesterday but not Showdown. I'll get that next(: I've read the Little Women series a long time ago, I barely remember it! Maybe I'll re-read them(: Thanks much you guys!

larry229

13 year(s) ago

[b]RainOnYourParade wrote:[/b] [quote]I love the Lord of the Rings movies, but I don't think I would like the books as well. My brother said they were kind of dry and he uses a lot of that different language which no one understands... but maybe if I run out of books I'll give it a shot? Haha. [/quote] No! No! No! You just lost like, half of the cool points you gained by being all into Firefly and stuff. Don't you know the books are always better? Look, I learned to read when I was three and have never had my nose out of a book since. I have LITERALLY read THOUSANDS of books. Seriously. I'm not even exaggerating. But out of those thousands of amazing books, Lord of the Rings is my favourite. Doesn't that say something about it's amazingness? Out of all those thousands, Lord of the Rings is my favourite, and out of the millions of admirable people in the world, J.R.R. Tolkien is my hero. You definitely need to read these books.

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

Let Amy be. I haven't read them.

larry229

13 year(s) ago

[b]KattyKit wrote:[/b] [quote]Let Amy be. I haven't read them.[/quote] Just because you've never eaten chocolate, does that mean I can't tell people how amazing it is? :P I'm not picking on Amy, it's just I know that I share a lot of her tastes and I know she would in all probability ADORE Lord of the Rings.Do I really need to write my post about how amazing they are again? They're like cheesecake for your brain!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)