Login

Google Going Social

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

[quote]Google has now acquired 18 companies in 2010, many of which are potential components of its rumored social networking site, Google Me. Before buying Jambool for a reported $70 million, Google snatched Slide for between $180 million and $230 million. Slide is a media company that develops games, widgets, and applications designed specifically to be used in social media, and are responsible for Facebook apps such as SuperPoke. Google also invested between $100 million and $200 million in Zynga, the company responsible for FarmVille and Mafia Wars, among others.[/quote] [url=http://www.pcworld.com/article/203335/google_buys_jambool_social_networking_battle_begins.html]Full article from pcworld.com[/url] Personally, I find Google's many social gaming acquisitions exceedingly interesting. Rumors have been running wild regarding what they intend to do with all of these programmers with heavy experience in the social world, but they seem to have made it clear that they don't want to compete with Facebook. Thoughts on the direction this is going and any implications of said direction?

serfofChrist92

14 year(s) ago

Idk...but it kind of creeps me out.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)