Login

Gun Control

SmilinBob

18 year(s) ago

I want to see what your guys' view on gun control is. To many laws? Not enough? Just right? Becuase most people bring up the second amendment I posted the wikipedia entry for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Text

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

I do not have specific knowledge of the amount of gun control lwas that are present and being enforced at this present time but I will share my opinion People do bring up the Second Ammendment to argue against gun control laws but I would say that the act of not restricting gun ownership would be unconstitutional as well. The constitution states that the government is meant to protect the people. The government needs to restrict who can have and carry guns because that could cause a very dangerous infringment on a persons right to be secure in their person. Guns have become dangerous to the point that just the presence of them causes someone to immediately be afraid for their life. The government cannot allow just anyone to be able to own or carry guns because this would be an immediate danger to infringing a persons right to life. If the government has no reason, after extensive background checks, to believe that a person is an immediate risk to society by having a gun, they cannot restrict their right to own and carry arms. Once a person becomes a danger to others by having a gun, they cannot be allowed to have once. Protecting a persons in-born right to life should be protected before anything else.

Lueff

18 year(s) ago

[quote]The government cannot allow just anyone to be able to own or carry guns because this would be an immediate danger to infringing a persons right to life. [/quote] Owning a gun doesn't infringe on other people's right to life. Killing them does. As far as gun control is concerned, I'll just leave it at this: taking away guns from the populace was one of the first things the Nazi party did during it's rise to power.

DHfan

18 year(s) ago

but by allowing people who would kill and have a history of being dangerous with guns is something that could danger someones life.... and therefore, would be infringing upon their right to safety in their person and possibly their right to life

SmilinBob

18 year(s) ago

We need to pass a test in order to drive a car becuase cars are dangerous. Guns are dangerous too, I think we should have tighter laws on who can have guns, and also what kinds of guns or arms a person can have. Almost no one thinks people should be able to get whatever arms they want. I can understand guns for hunting, but thats about the only good reason I can think of for having guns. You don't need a M-16 to go hunting.

willmor

18 year(s) ago

the best way to look at is this.... i you have pen and you start to write word and you right a cuss word or something not nice... do you ever blame the pen? no it is your fault that you word a bad word not the pen's. i have never heard or seen a pen write something with someone control it. so in the same nature it would make no since to blame a gun for when some one is shot.it is the person who controles it. thats is my two cents

Lueff

18 year(s) ago

If you guys are talking about restricting gun access to felons and known dangerous criminals, those are already in place.

SmilinBob

18 year(s) ago

Not at gun shows. It is a bit easier to pull a trigger then it is to put the time in and write something. Yes it is the persons fault for shooting someone. Nukes don't hurt people the planes that drop them do. You blame the person for a car crash but you don't let just anyone drive.

Luke

18 year(s) ago

it was like an insurance policy...but times have changed. now insurance policies take away your freedom and don't get it back. sad. -Luke

FarApart777-buddy

17 year(s) ago

I think gun control is right were it needs to be. People should have guns for their protection.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)